FCA Merger effect on Jeep?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I think the Bronco Sport may have potential too.
Someone in the neighborhood was driving one a few nights ago; it even had new temp tags too. I was shocked at how large the vehicle is for something considered a Bronco sport. The pictures make it seem small: it’s definitely not.
Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The Bronco Sport is fugly and a stain on an iconic name. Like taking a Compass and calling it Wrangler Sport.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Someone in the neighborhood was driving one a few nights ago; it even had new temp tags too. I was shocked at how large the vehicle is for something considered a Bronco sport. The pictures make it seem small: it’s definitely not.
I noticed the new JL is large when compared to the CJ.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
New gen 3-row “Grand Cherokee L” debuts tomorrow. What a dumb name.

4A4EDDA0-F0A2-4A2A-B8C3-DFEDF8975001.png
I saw this in an email from Jeep yesterday and didn't even notice the "L".

Sponsored

Paul19JLR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The Compass / Commander / Patriot were an absolute horror show. WTF were they thinking?

The JGC sells like hotcakes and are really nice, though the platform is old and 2022 redesign is long overdue.
Maybe the wait will soon be over? 12:00 pm tomorrow soon enough?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The Bronco Sport is fugly and a stain on an iconic name. Like taking a Compass and calling it Wrangler Sport.
Agree on the name. Confusing as shit.
But compared to the usual cuv generic eggs it’s at least got some personality. And i usually hate Ford design language.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I agree with that comment. In April 2004, I took delivery of a new Ford Escape. Great car! Not too big, not too small. Had it 15 years and never broke down. Parts did wear out of course.

If Ford still made them, I would have got one. Instead I got my Wrangler. I Love My Jeep!

However, the Ford Bronco Sport could be my next vehicle.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Smart move. It seems FCA is teaming up with Tata in India (Mahindra's biggest competitor). This may get interesting in both India and the US.
In India, they drive right hand drive vehicles as we do in Australia. If Jeep Wranglers were made in India, they would make them right hand drive - which means they would be much cheaper in Australia then they are now!

Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In India, they drive right hand drive vehicles as we do in Australia. If Jeep Wranglers were made in India, they would make them right hand drive - which means they would be much cheaper in Australia then they are now!
Be wary of the quality of a Jeep made by Tata or FCA in India. Tata is notorious for cutting corners to make a few $$$

OP
OP
bullfrog3459

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Be wary of the quality of a Jeep made by Tata or FCA in India. Tata is notorious for cutting corners to make a few $$$
If Stellantis is beaming with quality, especially in the build process, wouldn't you think that those quality requirements would be shared in India? I think one of the biggest complaints is the time to delivery for right hand vehicles, so this might expand the market if you can go from 4-6 months to 2-3 months.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Stellantis is beaming with quality, especially in the build process, wouldn't you think that those quality requirements would be shared in India? I think one of the biggest complaints is the time to delivery for right hand vehicles, so this might expand the market if you can go from 4-6 months to 2-3 months.
6 months for a RHD? Seriously? That is just absurd. In that case, hoping this India move helps out the folks living in the Commonwealth or wherever they drive on the left side of the road. Sorry, I did not know that a RHD Jeep has a lead time that long!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara