Jeep Parent Fiat Chrysler Agrees to Merger With Peugeot Owner PSA

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
I prefer that there is no change in ownership and would like for someone inside the current structure take the reigns. I would bet my life that there are capable people there currently that can take care of the problems. Having processes that are tested, implemented, accountable and work fixes most problems at each level. This seems like money grab to me.

Advertisement

SunStormJLU

First Name
Cody
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Jl Rubicon
Occupation
Electrican
Vehicle Showcase
It is new, this is not the same motor as the past 7 years.

VM Motori (FCA) has said that 80% of the engine’s content is all new.
It’s not new they’ve just had to change where things are located to accommodate for the capabilities of the Jeep over ther ram the key components of the engine that make it an engine are the exact same

SunStormJLU

First Name
Cody
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Jl Rubicon
Occupation
Electrican
Vehicle Showcase
The welding, as pointed out a few times, had nothing to do with Italian engineering, and everything to do with a sub-contractor messing up some programming and failing to QC the frames before they shipped to FCA. The said supplier was American, BTW.
Completely agree 90% of the time it has nothing to do with the actual vehicle manufacture rather there parts suppliers and on every production vehicle things get missed unless your spending a few million on a hand build vehicle don’t expect it to be flawless

SecondTJ

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It’s not new they’ve just had to change where things are located to accommodate for the capabilities of the Jeep over ther ram the key components of the engine that make it an engine are the exact same
That’s incorrect. The new 3.0 EcoDiesel is not the exact same as years past. They had to redesign it after the emissions scandal.

New block, new heads, new turbo, new pistons, new DI, etc.

Since it’s 80% new parts, FCA is calling it the 3rd Generation EcoDiesel.

This may be confusing to some as it has the same displacement (3.0) and torque rating (442 lb/ft) as the old 2nd Gen motor.

Much like the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pentastar share displacement (3.6) and power ratings (285 hp/260 lb-ft)

Last edited:

Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement