FCA clarification on 2.0L & 91 octane

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
I assume you are using regular now, if I may ask...what are you getting in gas mileage? I'm averaging about 18 with 91 in my 2-door.
I have run both in my 2 door Sport S with about 5k miles on it. Just using the info from the vehicle status on the dash I don't see any difference in gas mileage. I see a slight difference when I run with the top down. So far I haven't driven it with all the windows on so I can't report on that.

According to the vehicle info i'm averaging just over 20 mpg mostly highway driving (90 miles a work day)

For my use, I'm not seeing any performance difference although in general I baby it because the steering is so shitty.
Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I'm a rebel. I run 93 in mine. What is another $4.00 per fill up over 87? If we could run e85 in these ...I'd be in true love. My choices are 87; 89 and 93 in my area.
I always use "latte logic". The difference between regular and premium is a coffee drink. It's perspective on stupid things that shouldn't dictate your overall budget. Unfortunately we only have 91 in California.

AG’s ‘ 21 Jeep Wrangler

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I tried a couple of tanks of 93 and noticed no difference in performance or mileage on my 2.0..
87 for me for the 125gals/month I burn.
I agree with you.
125 gal a month at $2.99= $373.75 (reg gas).
125 gal a month at $3.69 = $461.25 (prem gas)

These are the current gas prices in our area.
It will cost you an additional $87.50 a month to fill with premium. That’s $1,050 more per year. Some people say “what is another $4 more per fill up?”…what??? Maybe if you only use 7 or 8 gal .

AG’s ‘ 21 Jeep Wrangler

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I always use "latte logic". The difference between regular and premium is a coffee drink. It's perspective on stupid things that shouldn't dictate your overall budget. Unfortunately we only have 91 in California.
Depends on how many coffees you drink a week?
Sponsored