2.0T dyno run on 87 vs 91 octane?

Grayrat

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Now I did do something tonight that feels like my Jeep got a boost in power: I changed my stock oil and put in Pennzoil Platnum full synthetic 5-30W the one they recommend for the 2.0 Turbo and that made a noticeable difference over the dealer suppled free first 3 oil change oil they put in. Smoother, quieter, and quicker reving. Best part was for $35 plus tax at Walmart I got a 5 qt. Jug and an OEM Mopar filter, and my Harley Davidson filter wrench works perfect with the Mopar filter. It’s 93 degrees out at 10 pm here in Vegas and it’s pretty comfortable.
Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
In my experience with 2.0L turbos higher octane always equates to higher power and torque.

I owned a VW GTI with a 2.0L turbo and Stage I flash from APR. Here's their dyno chart numbers for 91 and 93 octane:

91 octane
HP - 253
TQ - 309

93 octane
HP - 261
TQ - 317
That’s it? For the MK7s mine was 305 hp and 371 ft lbs. on 91. I say was because I don’t know if it was totaled. Hit and run right before my wrangler arrives and I was going to sell it.

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Now I did do something tonight that feels like my Jeep got a boost in power: I changed my stock oil and put in Pennzoil Platnum full synthetic 5-30W the one they recommend for the 2.0 Turbo and that made a noticeable difference over the dealer suppled free first 3 oil change oil they put in. Smoother, quieter, and quicker reving. Best part was for $35 plus tax at Walmart I got a 5 qt. Jug and an OEM Mopar filter, and my Harley Davidson filter wrench works perfect with the Mopar filter. It’s 93 degrees out at 10 pm here in Vegas and it’s pretty comfortable.
Most likely they just dumped what ever 5w-30 oil they had in the barrel. The 2.0 needs api sn+ or higher grade, a dealer did the same thing to me and i noticed the same thing as you did.
Sponsored