Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I really appreciate everyone’s response :)

I just need to decide if I’m keeping min JKU for another year or if I should trade in. I drive so much the miles pile up!
Its likely the availability of some options will be more widespread for 2019 if you're thinking about waiting.
Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
I'm just waiting for the supply to build up enough that they're available to order so I can swap mine out.
I didn't think you could upgrade ( after purchase ) to the Mopar LED Headlights, because the wiring harness was different - so not a plug and play type thing.

There are 3rd party Headlight &Tail light LED upgrades, as several have mentioned, but not the same as the Mopar.

Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I didn't think you could upgrade ( after purchase ) to the Mopar LED Headlights, because the wiring harness was different - so not a plug and play type thing.

There are 3rd party Headlight &Tail light LED upgrades, as several have mentioned, but not the same as the Mopar.
So it's different than when I spent the $800 at Quadratec and put the Mopar LEDs in my JK?

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
The LED setup is miles better then even my Subaru STI...and that's saying something.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
So it's different than when I spent the $800 at Quadratec and put the Mopar LEDs in my JK?
That is what "somebody" said to me. Hey, I ordered back in January, I don't remember. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I am not a fan of LED headlights, so I was not interested in spending extra $ on them when I was ordering.

I did like the LED Tail Lights. Very good looking. And 3rd party vendors do have LED inserts for the regular Halogen bulbs.
I have seen some 3rd party LED headlights for the JL, but no Mopar.

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I had JW Speaker 8700 headlights on my JKUR Hard Rock and I loved them. I have to say though the LED's on my JL are just as good if not better than the JW Speakers. I had the headlights and matching fog lights and I think the stock LED's are brighter and slightly narrower than the 8700's.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
2 thumbs up on the factory LED setup. I have a 2016 Explorer at work that has LED low and regular hi beams, so I knew I definitely wanted the LED upgrade. If you think it's something you will want (I would recommend it), then get it from the factory as opposed to aftermarket upgrades.

Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
100% for the factory LEDs. Clear and bright. I had JWs on my JK and they were good. These are a big step up.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has a sport without the LED's and I have a Rubicon with the LED headlights. While the Sport headlights are much better than the JK, the LED's are on another level. The output is great, and they have a nice wide "spread" to them(I can see what's in the ditches while I'm driving.)
I think it's well worth the upgrade, I just wish the taillights didn't stick out so far on the LED package.

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
My wife has a sport without the LED's and I have a Rubicon with the LED headlights. While the Sport headlights are much better than the JK, the LED's are on another level. The output is great, and they have a nice wide "spread" to them(I can see what's in the ditches while I'm driving.)
I think it's well worth the upgrade, I just wish the taillights didn't stick out so far on the LED package.
Oh so the taillights stick out b/c they are LED? I always thought it was bc of the safety detection system. I see some with it and some without.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Jeep only makes one led tail light. It sticks out because of the safety package sensors, but even if you only order the led package, they will still stick out a little because it’s the same housing as used in the safety package.
Sponsored