Top Factory Option You'd Pass On

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I really don't know if you mean this in a cutesy way or mean to say that the analog reading's no longer required given the digital one.:)
Don't need either. Never look anyway.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Arterius2

title of thread was what factory option you would pass on, not to rip someone else for their choice.

So guess you bought every option for your Sahara?
I did actually. And I enjoy them all, I create the need after I have it.
But yea, I was just having some fun, no need to be too serious brother.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Exactly, having it and not needing it is always better than needing it and not have it.
Same logic applies to things we already take for granted, like seat belts.
Everyone thinks they are the best drivers on the road before they get into an accident. Then comes the ego check.
Seat belt doesn't make you better drivers, you can make the argument that you don't need seat belts because you "know how to drive", but you can't control or predict how others drive and you need to protect yourself from that. It might save you when you need it - even if it doesn't work all the time.
I know right? it is incredible. If you ever check on this forum, or anywhere on the internet, or anywhere really. We are blessed to have everyone (specially men) claim to be absolute perfect drivers... or do we?... because I see accidents almost every single day on my commute, and I also know many people who have gotten into accidents themselves and they are NEVER, even remotely, at fault. So where are all these "idiots" who are causing accidents coming from???

We are humans, and we make mistakes because we are adaptable and not machines. Driving is extremely dangerous because of myself and everyone around me, yes everyone, every single person is a dangerous and unpredictable driver, however responsible they might be. Whoever says they have never in their life made a mistake is lying.

So anything that reduces my chances and the chances of others fucking up, I am up for. I don't want to die in agony in a high speed accident, and I don't want to go through the trauma and financial stress that comes after a high speed crash ever again in my life. Smart technology is the next step in making driving safe, just like seatbelts, airbags and crumple zones have made driving so much safer than it used to be. I even find it absurd, given the price of the wrangler, that the safety group is an "option" still in 2019... This is still a street vehicle, not a buggy.

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
I also know many people who have gotten into accidents themselves and they are NEVER, even remotely, at fault. So where are all these "idiots" who are causing accidents coming from???
Totally agree with you.

My wife's pilot has the auto pilot like feature and the auto brake feature, but doesn't have blind spot sensors.

I consider myself a good driver. One day when checking the drivers blind spot someone cut in front of me from the passenger lane and slowed down. Car engaged the brakes immediately. There is no way possible I could have reacted as quick as the car did, let alone check the blind spot while also looking forward.

I also knew a guy who refused to wear his seat belt because 'im a good driver’. Wound up dead when he rolled his truck.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I
After 9 months and 8000 miles, the only thing I may regret is the lifetime warranty. And that is only because I may want to do upgrades that a dealer may say will void the warranty. Yes, I know, some mods shouldn't void the warranty. I'm not here to debate the arguments.
i thought that the lifetime warranty was gone. i had one on a 07 grand cherokee.and had a bad experience with it.

Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
i can do without all except:
Hard top
Tinted windows
A/C
Auto 8 sp

Saftey feartures should be standard (but I don't know how you could have a blind spot in a jeep unless your head won't turn)

The Sport JL standard features are far beyond where I started with an 1989 YJ with like 6 gauges, no carpet, cruise, and the fender wells so small it required a 4" lift to fit 33's and then rode like the axles were bolted to the frame.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
i thought that the lifetime warranty was gone. i had one on a 07 grand cherokee.and had a bad experience with it.
It is gone as of the end of November 2018, the exact same day I signed for my Jeep.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
It is gone as of the end of November 2018, the exact same day I signed for my Jeep.
got lucky on that. still, watch out with that warranty. because i got screwed.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
got lucky on that. still, watch out with that warranty. because i got screwed.
Thanks, thats one reason why I don't want to modify much. And yes, I do worry about getting screwed even if I don't do any mods. But to be honest, the longer I go without doing mods, the more I am ok with stock (2 door Rubi). Or maybe I just know if I start its going to be $10k, and I'd rather do other stuff with the money for now.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Thanks, thats one reason why I don't want to modify much. And yes, I do worry about getting screwed even if I don't do any mods. But to be honest, the longer I go without doing mods, the more I am ok with stock (2 door Rubi). Or maybe I just know if I start its going to be $10k, and I'd rather do other stuff with the money for now.
i hear ya. to be honest ( this is just my views ), i wouldn't worry about the warranty, because jeep reliability have been pretty good in the long run stock or modded. i look at it this way, it there's going to be any issues, it would of happened in the first 36k miles or 3 year. after that you should be good. the dealer will nick pick everything to try to void your warranty. that what happen in my case. don't get me wrong. others have very good success with the warranty.

Sponsored

Harper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.myjeepadventures.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Black and Tan
No other lock up inside for the trunk etc. Only thing to take inside is a phone charger. Not a good idea to lock a convertible. If someone wants in they will just slice open the top.
Agree 100%. I just have the soft top, and never lock it. I've got a pair of sun glasses that are worth about $0.80, and a phone cable worth maybe double that...

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
LSD i passed on it because i would have had to order a my jeep and the dealer i got mine from had a 100 mile REPO that they gave me 9K off MSRP on. so wait and pay or take this one and be all smiles since my payment was less.

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 F450, 1986 Toyota Pickup
Easy pass on:
big hood and side decals.
“upgraded” wheel option on the Rubicon
Smokers group

I like the adaptive and safety group, which I wouldn’t have gone out of my way for but ended up with.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Do not order the Steel Bumper group. Waste of $, they are not strong enough, they bend and cause body damage cannot be used for lift, tow or push duties. Pass on them and use the saved $ to buy good aftermarket bumpers.

Wish that I could have ordered my Rubicon WITHOUT electric door locks, electric windows, electric powered seats. Again waste of money.....really I don’t find myself adjusting my seat or mirrors enough to warrant power mirrors or seats. Once they are adjusted...there is no need to be moving them again. My Jeep sport has non-electric locks on the doors and it’s just as easy to push a “lock” button on the door as it is to push the lock button on the fob. Manual windows are fine...I don’t move them up or down enough to warrant extra cost / complexity of power windows.

Jeep should have a “Sport Rubicon” model with cloth seats, soft top, manual transmission, windows, locks, seats & mirrors. What a bargain that would be.

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm still a little torn on whether or not to get Navigation. For most places that we'd roam, cell coverage and phone navigation will suffice. But in car Navigation systems rely on seeing satellites, whether or not cell coverage is available.
You can download your maps on the phone ahead of time with google maps and others. There are some apps like Maps.Me which are completely offline based and supports CarPlay (I guess android auto too)
Sponsored