Factory clearance w 37s

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Has anyone taken any measurements from the top of the tire to the fender flare on a 392 with 37s and no suspension mods?
Sponsored

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Has anyone taken any measurements from the top of the tire to the fender flare on a 392 with 37s and no suspension mods?
I'm running 37/12.5/17 STT Pro's on 17x9 wheels, 4.5BS, no lift yet....
Front fender: top of tire to edge of fender = 6"
Rear fender: top of tire to edger of fender = 5.5"
Front" closest area of tire = 3.5" Rear: same
This thing is amazing & fun, I took it out on Broken-Arrow today in Sedona....no rubbing anywhere. Although not like a 5 or 6 trail in Moab...maybe more like a 3 or 4....

OP
OP
dajuicejml

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Perfect. Thanks.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm running 37/12.5/17 STT Pro's on 17x9 wheels, 4.5BS, no lift yet....
Front fender: top of tire to edge of fender = 6"
Rear fender: top of tire to edger of fender = 5.5"
Front" closest area of tire = 3.5" Rear: same
This thing is amazing & fun, I took it out on Broken-Arrow today in Sedona....no rubbing anywhere. Although not like a 5 or 6 trail in Moab...maybe more like a 3 or 4....
Fun trail, even if a bit on the easy side. Comparing to Moab trails it's probably closer to the 3 side (because of devil's staircase), since IMO, Fins n Things is a bit more challenging at a 4.

Good to hear that 37" MT's will not rub on stock suspension. Pretty sure that means I can run 39's with a spacer kit and trimming liners since those 37's are closer to a true 37 and the 39" KM3's are more like a 38 1/2.

Mrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj, jl
I'm assuming this is a non XR 392, just because XR was not mentioned.
So then, a 392 XR should be totally fine with 37's offroad? I'm hoping so...
Maybe even 13.5 wide 37's with spacers on the XR Mopar wheels? That's what I want to try anyway. If I need new fender liners, not a big deal. If I need to lift it, I might hold off. That is another can of worms, messing with the factory suspension makes me nervous.

Sponsored

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Fun trail, even if a bit on the easy side. Comparing to Moab trails it's probably closer to the 3 side (because of devil's staircase), since IMO, Fins n Things is a bit more challenging at a 4.

Good to hear that 37" MT's will not rub on stock suspension. Pretty sure that means I can run 39's with a spacer kit and trimming liners since those 37's are closer to a true 37 and the 39" KM3's are more like a 38 1/2.
The bump stop also helps keeping the tire from contacting the fender....that may have to be changed for 39's...

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
LMAO I saw the thread name pop up "Factory Clearance 37's" and I thought it was a group buy on a deal of 37's I had my card out before I even hit the thread! :CWL:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
The bump stop also helps keeping the tire from contacting the fender....that may have to be changed for 39's...
More than likely it'll need more bump, yeah, or fender chop.

OP
OP
dajuicejml

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
FYI, I installed my toyo open country M/Ts today and have 7” from top of tire to fender. I’m running 17” methods with 37x12.50 toyos. They measure a little less than 36” installed. Planning to add the teraflex 1.5” spacer lift

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Fully loaded, you will rub the fenders on dips in the road and definitely off road. I spent a week in Big Bend and had a rear fender flare hanging by the end of the week along with some jacked up fender liners all around. Of course, "fully loaded" varies for everyone. In my case, I've got bumpers, sliders, winch, trail rack, 10 gals of gas in cans, fridge and camping gear. I'll be trimming my fender flares soon and installing the AAL fender lights/liners to give some room until I can fund the lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Factory clearance w 37s IMG_1357.JPG

Sponsored

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
Fully loaded, you will rub the fenders on dips in the road and definitely off road. I spent a week in Big Bend and had a rear fender flare hanging by the end of the week along with some jacked up fender liners all around. Of course, "fully loaded" varies for everyone. In my case, I've got bumpers, sliders, winch, trail rack, 10 gals of gas in cans, fridge and camping gear. I'll be trimming my fender flares soon and installing the AAL fender lights/liners to give some room until I can fund the lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Factory clearance w 37s IMG_1357.JPG
So for the most part you are able to wheel with 37”s stock?

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
So for the most part you are able to wheel with 37”s stock?
I'm not able to answer that since I wasn't stock when I got the 37's. I already had the weight on the rig from aftermarket bumpers, sliders, rack etc.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
I have had 37s (-12 offset) on factory suspension for 6 months without any issue. No hardcore off-roading but plenty of sand dunes at a variety of speeds. No rubbing and not even a creak/noise; this thing has been awesome on sand. Literally like driving on pavement.

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
I'm not able to answer that since I wasn't stock when I got the 37's. I already had the weight on the rig from aftermarket bumpers, sliders, rack etc.
But it was stock suspension right?

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
Another data point for anyone interested in clearance on stock suspension. I have stock suspension and wheels. I added Nitto Trail Grapplers in 35x11.5x17. I haven’t been doing any serious rock crawling, but several difficult trails across Arkansas, Colorado and Utah. I’m definitely rubbing the front fender liners a bit when off-road. To the point where one pulled away and the tire ate it up. I had to cut it out and now waiting on a replacement.

I’m definitely now considering a small lift and wheels with different backspacing. Then go to 37s like god intended.
Sponsored