First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Wait a minute... you’re Canadian. Maybe the electronics are different up there? Like how y’all treat DRLs differently than us in the States?
They may well be different, we get an alarm system fitted by a third party in the UK. It’s rubbish, goes off randomly all the time! I just do the 4 clicks on the fob to lock the Jeep without arming the alarm. Not ideal.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
They may well be different, we get an alarm system fitted by a third party in the UK. It’s rubbish, goes off randomly all the time! I just do the 4 clicks on the fob to lock the Jeep without arming the alarm. Not ideal.
Yeah exactly, thanks, this is what I was thinking of!! I knew there was something that made me think of this. Maybe something similar is happening in Canada. Although that would surprise me; often it’s the closest to the US in regulations and whatnot.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The only time I have set off my alarm accidentally was to lock myself in the vehicle to take a nap (red light on dash flashes regularly) and then open the door handle from the inside as I attempt to get out.

Another time was I didn't have the fob with me, so I unlocked the Jeep with my phone app, and I got in and sat in the car for a bit to grab my stuff, didn't realize the door locked itself after about 30 seconds automatically, as I attempt to exit the car by grabbing the inside door handle, alarm went off again. I found out later I needed to unlock the car from my phone (once it locks itself) as well to exit.

I'm in Canada.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
The only time I have set off my alarm accidentally was to lock myself in the vehicle to take a nap (red light on dash flashes regularly) and then open the door handle from the inside as I attempt to get out.

Another time was I didn't have the fob with me, so I unlocked the Jeep with my phone app, and I got in and sat in the car for a bit to grab my stuff, didn't realize the door locked itself after about 30 seconds automatically, as I attempt to exit the car by grabbing the inside door handle, alarm went off again. I found out later I needed to unlock the car from my phone (once it locks itself) as well to exit.

I'm in Canada.
Yeah seems the only way to set a Chrysler alarm off is by the owner on accident. But whatever, I get a discount on my insurance for having it so at least it is useful for something.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Yeah seems the only way to set a Chrysler alarm off is by the owner on accident. But whatever, I get a discount on my insurance for having it so at least it is useful for something.
Two freaking hood switches, and you have to use a 3rd party programmer to turn on hood alarm, ridiculous.

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Thanks for posting that..we don’t get the window sticker in the UK, I got the full spec for my JLUR, really useful, thanks again :thumbs up
Glad I could help. I cannot wait to finish this deployment and get to the trails. I am currently working with the British Royal Army Engineers. Pretty nice “blokes” is that correct?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Glad I could help. I cannot wait to finish this deployment and get to the trails. I am currently working with the British Royal Army Engineers. Pretty nice “blokes” is that correct?
Well I’m sure they’ll answer to ‘blokes’, maybe they’d prefer ‘chaps’ lol

Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Someone smashed the rear glass on my hard top, alarm didn't go off.

$1,600 CAD repair, glass alone is $1,200 $400 is to clean up the shards in the cabin and install the lift gate.

So now I just leave all the windows down and not lock the doors.

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wait...
WHAT?
Phone app?
What else does it do?
Lock/Unlock
Remote start/stop
Honk horn and flash lights
Locate vehicle
Send POI to Nav
Read vehicle health reports
Check Fuel level, odometer, tire pressure and oil life
Maybe some other stuff

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Lock/Unlock
Remote start/stop
Honk horn and flash lights
Locate vehicle
Send POI to Nav
Read vehicle health reports
Check Fuel level, odometer, tire pressure and oil life
Maybe some other stuff
Also driving alerts (it's new, sends alerts based on speed/location I think). I think that's it.

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
Sadly, the app disallows rooted phones. In the end it doesn't really matter I guess, as I have the 6-speed, so no auto start for me anyway
Sponsored