Sponsored

Extended Seat Options

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
@ChattVol I am wondering how the seats look after the material was removed? Do they look loose/wrinkly? I saw your post in the other thread as well but I had just purchased the Bartact seat covers and I am wondering if they would fit properly, as well as the the factory covering.

Could you post a pic of the seat after the removal, or link to one if you've already posted one? I don't recall seeing one.
After 2" of foam removed in seat:
Ri5eAgD.jpg
Sponsored

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, previously 2007 Wrangler, 97 TJ
Thanks, ChattVol, something I may have to really explore once I've ordered my 2019 (hopefully later this week)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I also posted in another thread. They just went live for order on their site yesterday. I have ordered them and will update once they are installed.
Did they lower the seat or just move it back?

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I sat in the driver's seat of a JL for the first time today, at a dealership. It was a 4-door Rubicon. I'm 6'5" and it felt a little tight. I also couldn't figure out how to tilt the seat back, so that would have helped. The dealership wasn't open, but some of the Jeeps were unlocked. I only sat in it for a minute, because I probably wasn't supposed to be getting in.

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I sat in the driver's seat of a JL for the first time today, at a dealership. It was a 4-door Rubicon. I'm 6'5" and it felt a little tight. I also couldn't figure out how to tilt the seat back, so that would have helped. The dealership wasn't open, but some of the Jeeps were unlocked. I only sat in it for a minute, because I probably wasn't supposed to be getting in.
There is a little pull tab it is not the standard lever. I am 6'7" and I "fit" okay. Not perfect but back and down about 2 inches each would be perfect.

BTW digging the chief profile pic- I am free Champaign and my parents owned a clothing store on campus.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
There is a little pull tab it is not the standard lever. I am 6'7" and I "fit" okay. Not perfect but back and down about 2 inches each would be perfect.

BTW digging the chief profile pic- I am free Champaign and my parents owned a clothing store on campus.
Thanks! I was born in Champaign. Didn't go to UofI, but my brother did. What store did your parents own?

Ah, a pull tab -- that's why I couldn't figure it out! LOL

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I was born in Champaign. Didn't go to UofI, but my brother did. What store did your parents own?

Ah, a pull tab -- that's why I couldn't figure it out! LOL
Schumacher's, it was on green st. Between 6th and wright. It closed in the late 90's. I graduated from Central in 96.

Sponsored

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
So the factory adjustable seats don't go low enough.. that's nuts esp since most of you on the last 5 pages are finding this a problem.
i think this could be a issue for me also once i finally get to test drive. i hope it gets sorted with a kit or something, is definitely deal killer in my book. i don't but cars i cant get in or sit in.

EUGENETHEJEEP-TN

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
After 2" of foam removed in seat:
Ri5eAgD.jpg
Hey, ran across this today. How is the seat holding up? Still comfortable? I am in Knoxville and would like to find out where you had it done. I am very interesting in doing that same.
Sponsored