Sponsored

Extended Seat Options

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hey, ran across this today. How is the seat holding up? Still comfortable? I am in Knoxville and would like to find out where you had it done. I am very interesting in doing that same.
Hey...I drove it for 6 months with some of the padding removed and started feeling a little bit of a support bar bar. I added back the padding...so it's back to where it was at stock and I learned to get used to sitting too high. I ended up buying a used honda accord bc I'm now daily driving 35k miles yr.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EUGENETHEJEEP-TN

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Hey...I drove it for 6 months with some of the padding removed and started feeling a little bit of a support bar bar. I added back the padding...so it's back to where it was at stock and I learned to get used to sitting too high. I ended up buying a used honda accord bc I'm now daily driving 35k miles yr.
Thanks for letting me know, I was concerned that might be the case! I wonder if there are any aftermarket seats that are lower and comfortable?

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Resurrecting this old thread!

I'm 6'7" - picked up my long time dream JLU this afternoon! I am so happy, It's fun as hell to drive! I couldn't even test drive because of Covid and when I got in I was honestly slightly shocked about the tight space. Overall I am happy to live with it.

Has there been any updates on this? At the moment, i'm considering looking for a full drivers seat replacement.

Cheers guys!

Rubibang

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am a big guy- 6'7" 225, I am buying a 2018 JLUR but I am wanting a bit more room. I will be extending the seat with one of the companies that offer the service.
Does anyone have experience with the JKU seat extended options? I know there is "Big Boy Bracket" and "Extend My Seat" brands. Do these seat brackets just move the seat back or does it also drop the seat?

My main concern is to dropping the seat more than moving it back. Any thoughts or examples would be great.
Hey all, just letting you know I tried the extend my seat . com bracket for my JK and was pleasantly suprised I was worried due to pictures it wasn’t right but it wasn’t what was pictured and totally worked. Bolts were small will need washers to secure properly.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, just letting you know I tried the extend my seat . com bracket for my JK and was pleasantly suprised I was worried due to pictures it wasn’t right but it wasn’t what was pictured and totally worked. Bolts were small will need washers to secure properly.
So you used that bracket on the JL?
Sponsored