Extended Seat Options

the_webers_inc

First Name
T. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd, 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium 5spd
Inside rail: Maybe a set of brackets could be made that would move the rails back say 2 inches and tilt the rails down an inch or so in the back?

That should offer some drop while not actually dropping the front. The more the seat is slid back, the lower it would go. Yes the seat would be on more of an incline, but after driving my JL home this afternoon, that wouldn't bother me.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Inside rail: Maybe a set of brackets could be made that would move the rails back say 2 inches and tilt the rails down an inch or so in the back?

That should offer some drop while not actually dropping the front. The more the seat is slid back, the lower it would go. Yes the seat would be on more of an incline, but after driving my JL home this afternoon, that wouldn't bother me.
6'4" 200 lbs here with long torso. The seat needs to lower another 2" for me. I shift the seat back about 75% and am good, but sit too high where my head is near the sport bar. I would pay alot of money to have this fixed.

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
If you are tall and you are rear ended, it would be a better to deal with an airbag designed to hit a shorter person, than to strike the Sports bar with your head. This isn't a roomy thing. Dropping the seat is a safety issue for those of us around 6'7"
Plus aren’t the side airbags mounted in the seats? If the seats are lowered so are the airbags

rolandal

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
I'm 6'9'' 310lbs, and would love to be 2" down AND 2" back. How do you go about finding a good local shop to help do this? I'm price insensitive to get this done ASAP. Based in San Diego.

Sponsored

jrghd3e

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I would but a lowering bracket

rolandal

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
This sounds like a great business opportunity for someone with fabricating skills...

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Just be 6'2", like me.:like:

Sponsored

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, previously 2007 Wrangler, 97 TJ
I went to a local auto upholstery shop and had about 2" of foam cut out of driver seat bottom. Lowered me about 1.5" and helped alot.
Seriously? interesting. Is there a discernible comfort difference? Hadn't thought of this option but being on the heavier side as well as tall not too sure it would work out

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So here is some food for thought. I recently picked up a JLUR with the Tan leather option. I sat in three different seats that day
JLUR Blk Cloth
JLUR Blk Leather
JLUR Tan Leather

With the seat furthest back and lowest setting somehow i had more headroom in the TAN leather seat. The black cloth and black leather seat was comparable in terms of height with the hood. That same day i picked up the Tan leather equipped JL.

I am only 6'3" with a long torso so seating options have always been an issue for me.

Also just looking around it seems like Extendmyseat has released a bracket. Don't know if anyone has tried it yet

http://extendmyseat.com/jeep-wrangler-2018-present-jl/

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Subscribing. that Extendmyseat would be awesome. It might need to drop it a little bit too for head room though, but I suppose we could always lay back farther.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Seriously? interesting. Is there a discernible comfort difference? Hadn't thought of this option but being on the heavier side as well as tall not too sure it would work out
No difference in comfort...I made sure to request that it remains comfortable. They gradually took more out of the portion closest to the back rest. Here's what they cutout:
jyBcEXz.jpg

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
@ChattVol I am wondering how the seats look after the material was removed? Do they look loose/wrinkly? I saw your post in the other thread as well but I had just purchased the Bartact seat covers and I am wondering if they would fit properly, as well as the the factory covering.

Could you post a pic of the seat after the removal, or link to one if you've already posted one? I don't recall seeing one.
Sponsored