Experienced my first Death Wobble

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Another thing I wanted to throw out in case you do end up having wallowed out holes, I would rebalance the tires with a reputable shop. Don't go to the chain ones like Firestone, Mavis, etc. Find a shop that does road force balancing. This should help reduce the vibration that causes the holes to wallow out.
I was thinking on rebalancing the tires. The jeep drives straight and other than that 1 bump on the road near my work that creates a slight death wobble around 30-40mph the steering and all of the other components I checked seem fine. I made an appointment on a shop to inspect it. I would do it myself but here in Michigan the temperatures right now are in the single digits.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Funny. When I read about stroking the fox steering stabilizer, I thought he was being snide. But turns out to be a serious thoughtful comment. I still giggled.
I showed it quickly to my wife so she was only able to read "stroke" and "steering stabilizer". And I told her:

here it says "Gently stroke the installer 5 times to prime him for installation of the steering stabilizer". It was the best 5 days of my life.

She also asked "what do single people do to install these things?" and I answered "they are left with no choice but to hire a professional stroker".

mdfuller

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
Not full blown death wobble, but my 2022 with 13k miles was having some serious issues when going ~70+ and hitting bumps. Dealer was worthless. Ended up taking it to a local shop and had them install a Fox steering stabilizer and a Synergy track bar. Mini death wobble is gone.
Sponsored