Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Death Wobble issues in JL

Current setup:
2 inch mopar lift

18” Black Rhino arsenal with 37/1250 Ridge Grapplers

Running a fox TS stabilizer and Upgraded to the following to try and fix DW.

Yeti Pro tie rod
Yeti track bar
Mopar steel steering box
Synergy sector shaft and track bar brace

still experiencing DW after alignment. Next will be the Steer smarts draglink w attenuater.

thoughts on what else it could be?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Current setup:
2 inch mopar lift

Yeti Pro tie rod
Yeti track bar
Mopar steel steering box

still experiencing DW after alignment. Next will be the Steer smarts draglink w attenuater.

Lay under front end, have someone turn steering wheel back and forth look for any lateral movement on all font end parts , new or not. Also , check ball joints, seen them go bad with as little as 10K miles.

If no signs of anything then try tightening the ball joints, if goes away, they need replaced.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on everything Roky said. Also, check the torque of the front lower control arm bolts. Anything that ever gets touched in the steering and suspension systems needs a torque check after some mileage gets racked up after install.

Also, it's a good idea to upgrade from the stock drag link. It's the weak link in your steering, now that it's associated parts have been beefed up. Stock steering linkages will act like tuning forks under the increased leverage forces that come with larger and heavier tires.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Current setup:
2 inch mopar lift

Yeti Pro tie rod
Yeti track bar
Mopar steel steering box

I spent several weeks working on solving frustrating DW with a mechanical jeeper friend and then took it to 2 offroad shops. This may save you some time:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/ho...the-jl-an-algorithm-to-diagnosing-your-issue/

OP
OP

JDub18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for all the helpful tips, especially the link. I’ll be working on it more this week and taking to a shop to hopefully get it resolved

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase

Current setup:
2 inch mopar lift

Yeti Pro tie rod
Yeti track bar
Mopar steel steering box

If you give us a video of the Death Wobble and a video after you install Exact Center and show the results we will let you use a loaner EC we think can stop your. (stop, keep it from starting so you can enjoy your ride). Roky is running tests on Exact Center soon we will give him new units with higher pressure to see what he thinks is the best pressure for a mod like his.
From another thread where we made a offer to see if we could stop DW and we were rejected, not by the person with the problem, but by others.

Sorry but we did not say we could fix Death Wobble, we did say we could stop it from happening. Our hold at the center will not let it start, whatever is the issue will still be there if the factory wants to fix something. Until they do the owner might like her Wrangler to drive like the high-priced car she thought she purchased. We do not want her money we just want to stop the problem and if we can't or she does not want our method to stop it her cost is 30-45 minutes for an installation and removal. She can keep it for 30 days if needed. My 2021 JLUR 392 XR with the same 75lb EC drives as good as any SUV on the road. That is not something an honest Wrangler owner can say without crossing their fingers. I have had many Wranglers and this is my 2nd JLR we fixed Death Wobble on my 10000 mile 2018 with an early prototype Exact Center.
We have a real on-the-road center feel, a nice return to center on turns much better wind holding. Most of these attributes even good SUVs do not have. We make the Wrangler much better than Jeep did even if your Wrangler does not have the normal issues, we will make it better than what you bought.

I hear the doubters already, sure, no-way, impossible, how is that possible? If it was Fox or Jeep would have done it already.
I make it easy for the doubters a free trial, takes less effort than changing a tire. Prove us wrong, it is that easy. Inventors have faced naysayers forever, this is nothing new we will win over the masses slowly.
I bet if Fox or Falcon told users what I just did you would say I have to try this. Where do you think the Foxes of the world get their great ideas? Or any great ideas for that matter, there are 10.5 million US patents a very high percentage of the patents are not from the Foxes of the world more are from unknowns like me who are just solving problems and 22 or more are mine(still have patents pending). Thanks for listening.
The above was an argument for us to try to stop DW and make another Wrangler drive and handle better.
If interested contact Tony

Call Tony Shepherd @ PIWcorp home of the Inventor and a Dealer for EC 1-989-448-2501 He is my Grandson, has worked on this for 5 years Knows more than anyone about EC He is hardcore Jeep he is 27 does our testing and installs and designs brackets when needed. You need Tony. You will get the same or a better deal from Tony. He will be the one who does the testing next week of the different pressures. Tony email is [email protected]
Sponsored