eTorque on Willys

Spenno7

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
Forgive the newbie question, and apologies if this has been answered somewhere else. I'd like to order my first Wrangler and I'm looking at the etorque engine on a Willys. I live in the Caribbean and the duty on the hybrid engine (lets not argue whether it is a hybrid or not here) is 10-15% less than any other engine, so makes a huge difference once imported. I note that the configurator doesn't offer the etorque for a Willys at the moment, but I had been putting this down to the configurator being inaccurate (as has been pointed out on here endlessly!). I've just asked the dealer on island to quote and he is telling me that he can only order the etorque on Sahara and Rubicon models - can someone far more knowledgeable / a dealer set me straight on this please? Is he talking nonsense? Is it a current availability thing? Is the configurator actually right on this? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Yes, but the better question is what’s available to him in St. Somewhere. If he’s in the US Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico, it can probably be equipped to US specs.

Anywhere else in the Caribbean, the Jeep is going to be considered an import and subject to each jurisdiction’s rules and laws.

Edit, I see he’s in the Turks and Caicos. Not US jurisdiction. British rules perhaps?

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

Edit, I see he’s in the Turks and Caicos. Not US jurisdiction. British rules perhaps?
Good point - for example, if we are talking about options available on a right-hand-drive model, there are a lot of limitations.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spenno7

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
Yes, but the better question is what’s available to him in St. Somewhere. If he’s in the US Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico, it can probably be equipped to US specs.

Anywhere else in the Caribbean, the Jeep is going to be considered an import and subject to each jurisdiction’s rules and laws.

His order process is for me to send him a link to my configurator page on the US website - he orders from the US and the order is built in and supplied from the US. Not sure what system he uses, and maybe that's where the problem lies.

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

His order process is for me to send him a link to my configurator page on the US website - he orders from the US and the order is built in and supplied from the US. Not sure what system he uses, and maybe that's where the problem lies.
Hmmm... I just looked at the jeep.com configurator for the Willys.
You are correct that there is no option that offers the eTorque engine on there.
Nor does it reflect the availability of the xTreme Recon package with the Willys - so the configurator does not show everything that is available in the order guide.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
That's the problem. He uses a flawed system. The Willys can be ordered with a 3.6 V6 eTorque.
Sponsored