Sponsored

No eTorque on Rubicons

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
Ordering my JLUR today! Was ready to go and pulled the trigger! Mark Dodge in Louisiana.

They called me back and said I couldn’t get the 3.6L eTorque in Rubicon trim anymore. Does anyone know what might be happening? Is this a big deal, should I just get the regular 3.6L?
Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Did they give you a reason why? When you say regular eTorque, do you mean the 2.0?

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Ordering my JLUR today! Was ready to go and pulled the trigger! Mark Dodge in Louisiana.

They called me back and said I couldn’t get the 3.6L eTorque in Rubicon trim anymore. Does anyone know what might be happening? Is this a big deal, should I just get the regular 3.6L?
Could be a parts sourcing issue.
When I ordered, the reg 3.6 wasn't available with the auto on the configurator but it was thru the dealer ordering system

Last edited:

MannyB

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I tried ordering a Gobi 6 speed JLR today. The 6 speed only comes with a 3.6L V6 . The Dealer emailed me back and said that orders for the 6 speed were closed and the only engine option available for ordering was the 2.0L Turbo. Just FYI.

I was ordering from Gupton in TN.

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot

They do not offer the 3.6L anymore without eTorque. I would go with the Diesel instead if you cant get the 3.6l. IMO

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buster1

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
Yeah, no clue. I will try calling them back tomorrow. Very weird. It also seems on the Jeep online config tool, you can’t get the regular 3.6L with any transmission but the manual. If you want the 8 speed you are stuck with the 4cyl or the diesel.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Yeah, no clue. I will try calling them back tomorrow. Very weird. It also seems on the Jeep online config tool, you can’t get the regular 3.6L with any transmission but the manual. If you want the 8 speed you are stuck with the 4cyl or the diesel.
The jeep.com online builder isn't usually a particularly accurate version of what can and can't be ordered currently.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
If you want the 8 speed you are stuck with the 4cyl or the diesel.
Not true. Try both auto tyranny options. One is linked to the 3.0 and the other to the 2.0 and 3.6 eTorque. I just tried it. But like others have said, the configurator isn't up to date so the 3.6 eTorque may be on temporary restriction.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Not true. Try both auto tyranny options. One is linked to the 3.0 and the other to the 2.0 and 3.6 eTorque. I just tried it. But like others have said, the configurator isn't up to date so the 3.6 eTorque may be on temporary restriction.
About time for May order guide to be released. Wonder if there’s shortages at the moment.

OP
OP
Buster1

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
Yes, the configurator allows it, but in RUBICON trim, whilst trying to order, it can’t be done. The auto tranny can only be the 4 cyl or diesel according to Mark Dodge (in Rubicons).

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Don't trust the online configurator on jeep.com It's notoriously NOT up to date with the latest build restrictions and options availabilities.

The 4cyl turbo is a fine choice. I'd certainly get that before giving up Rubicon trim, assuming that was what I wanted to begin with.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
If eTorque availability is the issue, then I really wish they'd go back to offering the non-eTorque 3.6L as an option for everything again, rather than suspending all Pentastar sales (if that's actually what's happening).

Who knows, maybe the new 3.0TT is on the way? ;)

OP
OP
Buster1

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
Yeah, I’m wondering if I can get the regular 3.6L with the automatic trans, on a Rubi. It’s not looking good.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Yeah, I’m wondering if I can get the regular 3.6L with the automatic trans, on a Rubi. It’s not looking good.
Seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
The configurator on jeep.com is not programmed to be accurate for what can be ordered today. It is programmed as a tool to find what is currently or on order to be in dealer stock somewhere in the country.

So theorettically if you can build it on the configurator, then that Jeep exists somewhere. The stupid part is it will only show you stock up to 250 miles from what ever zip code you enter. So though it may exist, you may have difficulty actually finding it. Would be nice if it would tell you exactly where that one particular build is, even if it is eight states away.
Sponsored