Sponsored

Escalating parts issues to FCA

Deviant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I've been waiting on a new (used) radio for over two months that FCA bricked with an ota.

If anyone has a spare I'd appreciate it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Yo… so i took your advice, and used my words.

my local connection told me there’s one at Nielsen Jeep in Hanover, NJ. 973-515-2009.
nice work. in this case it was special ordered for a customer. it's already spoken for. thanks for trying.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
I been there… paying it forward.

Feel free to give him a ‘truck load of overland productions’ sh!t for it 🤣

Lmao… you know what i could of done is sourced myself, and charged him 3x for it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
since the part wasn't available go ahead and source one. I'll reward you for it.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
I know it sounds dumb, and not sure it will work with FCA, but when I run out of other options, I turn to twitter. Somehow the social media reps have more pull in a lot of companies than customer service. It's the only reason I have a twitter account.
I've Tweeted them (and Stellantis) a number of times to express displeasure over not being able to order a Rubicon as spec'd right now and I've heard nothing.

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
good luck. I needed a replacement brake line a month ago and the dealer told me they were on 3 month backorder. it's a damn brake line, how much simpler can it be?

ended up going with Rusty's braided steel lines but had to wait a week for shipping.
the a/m braided lines were a good idea. probably gives you more clearance for axle droop too. I dont think they make a/m for the fuel line tube kit or I would try it.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
since the part wasn't available go ahead and source one. I'll reward you for it.
Nah, its golden. Just trying to spring you.

like i said, im sure theres one somewhere with dust on it.

i simply called my local shop and asked them where the nearest one was.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I know it sounds dumb, and not sure it will work with FCA, but when I run out of other options, I turn to twitter. Somehow the social media reps have more pull in a lot of companies than customer service. It's the only reason I have a twitter account.
It‘s the sad truth nowadays... Customer service has gone away and their arrogance went up (but not their knowledge). Work is done usually in a halfway attempt (trying to be family friendly). Call them out on it and it’s like it goes out one ear then out the other. Fill out a survey honestly and they upset, but don’t change anything going forward and if anything, they seem to be angry. Hit them up on social media, things suddenly get traction if they are large enough to worry about their presence.

Sad reality we live in nowadays and seems to have gotten worse “because of Covid” labor shortag.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I've Tweeted them (and Stellantis) a number of times to express displeasure over not being able to order a Rubicon as spec'd right now and I've heard nothing.
They're selling everyone made, dealers are sitting on the edge of their chairs waiting for each delivery and you think that they care you can't order per spec? Get real.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're selling everyone made, dealers are sitting on the edge of their chairs waiting for each delivery and you think that they care you can't order per spec? Get real.
Thanks for the attitude. Yes, they should care. I'm trying to give them $54,765 and I can't. Shareholders of FCA stock certainly wouldn't be happy to learn this.

OP
OP
Overland Productions

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the attitude. Yes, they should care. I'm trying to give them $54,765 and I can't. Shareholders of FCA stock certainly wouldn't be happy to learn this.
I read an article this week about how Ford wants to move toward more direct orders. they feel it will reduce the need for incentives to move inventory sitting on dealer lots (after this microchip mess is sorted out) and increase profits.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read an article this week about how Ford wants to move toward more direct orders. they feel it will reduce the need for incentives to move inventory sitting on dealer lots (after this microchip mess is sorted out) and increase profits.
I read that article too and I have mixed emotions on it. The downside is that all automakers will pull the crap Jeep is notorious for and that's forcing you into higher and higher price points (models/packages, etc.) to get things you want. Want body colored fenders on your Sport S Wrangler? Sorry, can't have those unless you move up to a Sahara. Want LED Headlights AND LED brake lights on your Sport S? That'll be two separate packages totaling nearly $2k please. Oh you want that $645 proximity sensor? You have to buy the $4,000 1/2 door packages. Such BS

That's what we can all expect with Ford's announcement.
Sponsored