millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats... sometimes you just get a bad vehicle and need it taken care of. Had the same thing happen with a 2018 BMW last year. They bought it back and I bought another wrangler :like:
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Buyer Beware: As some of you know, I am in third party arbitration for a safety related problem with my Jeep: The power steering arbitrary goes out. I have owned it since late August and it has been in the shop more nights than at my house. After the last repair, I reached an agreement with FCA that reset the clock. The issue happened again, so I filed for third party arbitration with a board date of March 19.

Chrysler’s response says that my Jeep has only been in the shop since March 3 and basically I should sit tight and wait. In reality, my Jeep has been in the shop since February 7 (over 30 days) with no repair in sight. I have been going back and forth on whether or not to give FCA another chance since I have purchased 11 new Chrysler vehicles in my life. This flat out lie cinched it. I am done. Any company that will lie to put profit over safety will not get any more of my money. Buyer Beware
You need to re-edit your post. You can turn off the clickbait now.

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
No clickbait here. FCA did lie on the official document to the third party arbitration board.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No clickbait here. FCA did lie on the official document to the third party arbitration board.
I'm looking for the "lie" and you still haven't proven someone intentionally made false statements or mislead you. You got your buyback so again, this looks like clickbait to me.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I'm looking for the "lie" and you still haven't proven someone intentionally made false statements or mislead you.
It's in the very first post of this thread:

Chrysler’s response says that my Jeep has only been in the shop since March 3 and basically I should sit tight and wait. In reality, my Jeep has been in the shop since February 7 (over 30 days) with no repair in sight.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lie = an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker or writer to be untrue with intent to deceive

Get a grip...

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Lie = an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker or writer to be untrue with intent to deceive

Get a grip...
Yes, FCA stating in a third party arbitration document (a legal document) that they didn't receive a user's vehicle until over a month after they did was I'm sure just an innocent mistake.

I watched GM pull similar stunts when I had to arbitrate a repurchase with them, so I'm not at all surprised to see FCA do it.

It's like believing them when they say they don't have any parts available when they are cranking out new product.

They could just pull the parts off the line, but won't because they already have your money.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
.....But.....in the very same paragraph he specifically states that he reached a deal with FCA that "reset the clock".

So I still fail to see how they "lied" to him. HE should have never agreed to a deal and instead should have filed lemon law protection after the first 30 days.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wonder what the OP will buy now:whatsgoingon: Anyone want to guess?

OP
OP
Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
.....But.....in the very same paragraph he specifically states that he reached a deal with FCA that "reset the clock".

So I still fail to see how they "lied" to him. HE should have never agreed to a deal and instead should have filed lemon law protection after the first 30 days.
Filing a lemon law isn’t as easy as you would think. The first three lawyers I researched and called said they weren’t doing lemon law claims anymore. I decided to let it ride, trying to have a little faith in FCA to fix it.

The deal reset the clock. I accepted because all parties thought it was fixed. Then it broke again and has been in the shop since February 7. My submission was based solely on the issue after I signed the agreement.

The lie wasn’t to me. They lied on the only legal document they submitted to NCDS. NCDS is the third party arbitration organization mandated by the federal government.

With a document only board, they look at the documents you and the manufacturer submit and make a decision. FCA’s only document included an erroneous statement. I would not have been allowed to point that out as it is a document only hearing. I pointed this false statement out to the highest level at FCA and was offered a buyback before the board date.
Sponsored