Sponsored

2017 Jeep Replacement from FCA (syncro issues in tran?)

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
While I was at a Jeep dealership, I overheard the service manager explain to a Jeep owner - I'm not sure if it was a Wrangler or not, that the parts needed for their repair was not available. The customer said their vehicle was only 5 years old. They just apologized and sent her on her way. She was justifiably pissed. I asked the manager, I have a lifetime warranty that I bought, what do I do if parts needed for repair aren't available? He told me that there is a clause in the agreement "if the parts are available". I can understand if parts aren't available in 10 or 15 years, but what good is a life-time warranty if they can't repair it? Hopefully there won't be any major design changes for the next several years on JLs versus a limited run, and JL parts will be available for a long time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JiteshMode

JiteshMode

First Name
Jitesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Manual
While I was at a Jeep dealership, I overheard the service manager explain to a Jeep owner - I'm not sure if it was a Wrangler or not, that the parts needed for their repair was not available. The customer said their vehicle was only 5 years old. They just apologized and sent her on her way. She was justifiably pissed. I asked the manager, I have a lifetime warranty that I bought, what do I do if parts needed for repair aren't available? He told me that there is a clause in the agreement "if the parts are available". I can understand if parts aren't available in 10 or 15 years, but what good is a life-time warranty if they can't repair it? Hopefully there won't be any major design changes for the next several years on JLs versus a limited run, and JL parts will be available for a long time.
That just doesn't seem right at all. I too have the lifetime warranty. This makes me want to go back to leasing sports cars again..:lipssealed::headbang:

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Why isn't this dealer trying to source an a/m reman trans? We have installed 3 or 4 a/m trans for this very reason. FCA paid for the repairs, no problems. Their is a process for the dealer to get the go ahead from FCA and get paid.

People with a lifetime warranty shouldn't worry, if Jeep has no stock of a part it can be sourced from a local parts store. The dealership has to spend a little time it authorized by FCA.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
This is very similar to what the service manager told me. Seems like you have more knowledge than them! He said that parts can take more than 8 months to get. Its sounds so unrealistic! T

As of now the service manager told me I can take the Jeep and drive it until we hear from the FCA (Tomorrow). I am physically holding first gear in place during take off... =/
He will also get me a loaner this Wednesday which I will keep until the situation is resolved. There are 6 of us at my fire department that own a Jeep from this local dealer and we hope they work diligently with FCA to resolve the issue. Stay Tuned!
If first is that bad, why not just start out in second gear?

Did they give you a fair offer?
Sponsored