Sponsored

Element Fire Extinguisher location and mounting.

OP
OP
Brian0128

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Can you please link to the mount and maybe add a few details. Thanks in advance.
https://maximus-3.com/jl-bumper-accessories-/jl-rear-flashlight-mount

It's the flashlight holder that mounts above the rear seats in a 4 door. It will only fit the Element 100 but it was a nice way to keep 1 of the 2 extinguishers in the rear of the vehicle. Our other unit is mounted over the driver's door in their front flashlight mount. I'll get a picture when I get the Jeep out of the garage next.

https://maximus-3.com/home/jl-front-flashlight-mount

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
https://maximus-3.com/jl-bumper-accessories-/jl-rear-flashlight-mount

It's the flashlight holder that mounts above the rear seats in a 4 door. It will only fit the Element 100 but it was a nice way to keep 1 of the 2 extinguishers in the rear of the vehicle. Our other unit is mounted over the driver's door in their front flashlight mount. I'll get a picture when I get the Jeep out of the garage next.

https://maximus-3.com/home/jl-front-flashlight-mount

I love it, sadly I just looked and our extinguishers are all 50's pro not 100 industrial. Cant take a chance of them not fitting.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I tucked mine right into the seat cover. I have to check if I can get it out while the door is closed. Folks beware, many accidents you won’t be able to open your doors or tailgate so don’t rely on your doors opening.
Another school of thought is if my Jeep is hit so bad that I can’t get the doors open I’m not sure I care if it burns.

2D0F626A-F31B-4429-B900-DF3724BB984D.jpeg

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Mine might be “break glass in case of emergency” I guess.

84667802-797F-412E-BFE9-81EB9C3C1E22.jpeg

vap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey Vap, did this just use in place nutplates or did this require drilling/nut certing?
I've just screwed self-tapping screws directly into plastic. It's quite thick and that area have no wires at the bottom.
If it ever breaks, I'll just use nutserts, well nuts, or plastic rivets there. But many months later it still holds great, even with occasional demos.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
So how did you put it out. The video ends before the fire is out. Element is supposed to be safer for the engine and other parts but it melted the headlight so that doesn't sound too safe. Since you are in the "Biz" and see way more car fires than I ever will your opinion has some weight with me. Appreciate any input and recommendations. Thanks
Disclosure - I have 2 elements in my Jeep. Hmmm...

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Can't believe I have never heard of these. I'll be adding this for sure. For those with the 100...is it "because I can"? The equivalent to five 5lb tanks that the 50 provides seems pretty great compared to what most already have.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I keep mine in front of the shifters:

Jeep Wrangler JL Element Fire Extinguisher location and mounting. element

"A fire extinguisher you can't reach in a fire, isn't a fire extinguisher."

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
Can't believe I have never heard of these. I'll be adding this for sure. For those with the 100...is it "because I can"? The equivalent to five 5lb tanks that the 50 provides seems pretty great compared to what most already have.
Better to have and not need than the other way. More than a few have found out just a fire extinguisher don't cut it. I've just got 2 of the E50s besides standard ABC and clean fire extinguisher. The ABC is first grab for someone else vehicle or brush fire.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Better to have and not need than the other way. More than a few have found out just a fire extinguisher don't cut it. I've just got 2 of the E50s besides standard ABC and clean fire extinguisher. The ABC is first grab for someone else vehicle or brush fire.
Black Friday deal or something can't recall. Oh and what he said above. I need to get an old school ABC as well that's a great idea!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I moved mine to the passenger door mesh holder. These Jeep’s are so narrow I can just lean across and grab it.
Sponsored