Sponsored

So... how do you hang your fire extinguisher???

chamox

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red Rubicon
So, I got this fire extinguisher to hang from the third roll bar. At least that's what I thought it was designed for... but I'm not letting any of that near my paint!

Any ideas or suggestions? I tried taking that little bracket off but it was ON to the point that I was worried about taking it off and damaging the internals ( I think I could rotozip it off but... ).

IMG_0461.jpeg

IMG_0460.jpeg

IMG_0459.jpeg
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Did that fire extinguisher condom come with mounting hardware, or is that a loop on the opposite side?

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Charles: first my answer.

I have this one and don't feel it touches the rear Sports bar with anything but fabric, making scratches a non issue. I like it. It maintains a very strong but easily to detach in an emergency grip:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07888M9G8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That said, the following does not answer your question but I hope raises a fair point for viewers, as originally told to me:

Fire extinguisher effectiveness as only as good as access to it. I additionally own this fire extinguisher but do not work for these guys.

https://elementfire.com/

Granted, these flare size fire extinguisher are not cheap, and fires are rare, but the property it might save could justify its cost, along with the ability to stick in the driver's door and always have immediate access to.

BTW: I am not sure if such devices as the conventional holder I linked get in the way of taking the soft to down completely. I rarely go past Sunrider position with my soft top.

I'll probably put your style fire extinguisher in another one of my vehicles missing one when I get around to it.

Cheers.

OP
OP

chamox

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red Rubicon
Did that fire extinguisher condom come with mounting hardware, or is that a loop on the opposite side?
There are loops that attach it to the bar. They are not shown here.

Charles: first my answer.

I have this one and don't feel it touches the rear Sports bar with anything but fabric, making scratches a non issue. I like it. It maintains a very strong but easily to detach in an emergency grip:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07888M9G8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That said, the following does not answer your question but I hope raises a fair point for viewers, as originally told to me:

Fire extinguisher effectiveness as only as good as access to it. I additionally own this fire extinguisher but do not work for these guys.

https://elementfire.com/

Granted, these flare size fire extinguisher are not cheap, and fires are rare, but the property it might save could justify its cost, along with the ability to stick in the driver's door and always have immediate access to.

BTW: I am not sure if such devices as the conventional holder I linked get in the way of taking the soft to down completely. I rarely go past Sunrider position with my soft top.

I'll probably put your style fire extinguisher in another one of my vehicles missing one when I get around to it.

Cheers.
That first product gives me an idea to try some pipe insulator. Might be a good way to protect my paint. Thanks!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i have the quadratec holder. works great. no scratches thus far

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I tuck mine under the left side of my seat. Inside the track.

Fits nicely, and it’s right where I’ll likely be when I need it.

$0.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I feel that I must remind you, Sir, that there may be children reading this forum.

They, like me, might be inappropriately inclined to giggle at the thought of a fire extinguisher condom.

They could be scarred for life! This is not a trivial matter.

Please be more discreet in the future.

Thank you.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I have never taken my soft top to fully open position with the conventional fire extinguisher (as opposed to the flair size Element one I reference) attached to the driver's side of the rear of the Sports Bar.

I had heard the fire extinguisher might get in the way. Is this true?

Sponsored

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am still old school and wrap my extinguisher in a sheet and tuck it snugly under the drivers seat for easy use and security. I have the added advantage of a sheet to use for ground cover or bandages which ever is appropriate.......

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I also tuck my fire extinguisher under the seat.
Sponsored