Sponsored

So... how do you hang your fire extinguisher???

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Have the same one but when I took the hard top off and put the soft top on for summer this position will not work
Gotcha...good info. I have the one touch power top so it works great.
Sponsored

Nik H

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL

VictorChampion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Mine are just strapped around the roll bar while resting on the little notch plastic cover. I did put some loop portion of velcro on the bottom that sits on the plastic. No rattle or movement at all and quick detach.

Fire Extingushers.jpg

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I feel that I must remind you, Sir, that there may be children reading this forum.

They, like me, might be inappropriately inclined to giggle at the thought of a fire extinguisher condom.

They could be scarred for life! This is not a trivial matter.

Please be more discreet in the future.

Thank you.
If the word CONDOM scars you or your children you've got bigger problems than the word.

Bluebear

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
I looked on the Element website and only the E50 is sold. Would you be willing to tell me where I could get an E100
I did buy it direct last year, I guess they changed it. The concern with the E50 is the diameter, might be too skinny for the maglight mount. Not sure where you could find the E100, maybe some other stores online will resell it?

Sponsored

Nik H

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I did buy it direct last year, I guess they changed it. The concern with the E50 is the diameter, might be too skinny for the maglight mount. Not sure where you could find the E100, maybe some other stores online will resell it?
Found it on eBay and thanks for answering

UUBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; ‘95 Land Rover Defender 90
I was not familiar with the Element fire extinguishers until I read this thread. After a few minutes of research, I’m sold. Another very useful piece of knowledge I learned in the forum. Thank you all for sharing.

Sponsored

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
M.O.R.E. bracket!
No drilling and comes with all hardware. Fits 1 and 2.5 lb bottles or anything 3 1/4 diameter.
CANNOT be used with soft top as it mounts in the same location as soft top mount.
9dViBVJ.jpg

Nk5I4S4.jpg

RON

77RRAD: I’ve been contemplating getting a M.O.R.E. fire extinguisher bracket like yours. How secure is the fire extinguisher in the bracket? Is there a possibility that it could slip out of the bracket in a frontal accident, becoming a projectile? Do the bungee chords hold the fire extinguisher firm enough to keep it from rattling?

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
DKAwildcat, I've been meaning to express the same concern, but you took the lead. I really wonder about many of the fire extinguisher mounts in this thread--could they retain the extinguisher from becoming a missile in, say, a 50-mph frontal collision? The vehicle's air bags will prevent flesh from hitting the dashboard and steering wheel, but do nothing to protect from flying objects from behind.

Anyone mounting a fire extinguisher or heavy flashlight anywhere in the vehicle should consider worst-case retention, both the mount device TO the roll bar or other point, and the extinguisher or flashlight IN the mount device. Is retention as strong as a seat belt? Position high or low in the vehicle would likely also be important: High means could fly through the passenger compartment, low might be stopped by seats, etc.

I carry a fire extinguisher in both my vehicles, in the rear under-floor cubby. If I were to off-road where access from the driver's seat was required, that really leaves few mounting spot options: Footwell passenger (vertical or horizontal), footwell driver in front of the seat (horizontal), second row floor for reach-around. In all cases, the mounting system would need to be robust.

Regarding size of extinguisher, years ago I came across a small grass fire, probably caused by someone's discarded cigarette. Stopped my car, took out my 2-1/2 pound Purple K extinguisher, pulled the pin, squeezed the handle, and Pffft!, it emptied just like that! I carry only 5-pound ABC extinguishers ever since.

I don't have a lot of solutions for the mount issue, but hopefully my thoughts will generate ideas from other forum members.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I have the Cooltech mount too. it is an easy install and is quick to remove in emergency. It works just fine with the Dominion offload Hi-lift mount for those that have one.
How does the Cooltech actually attach to the rollbar? It doesn’t specify on their site.

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
77RRAD: I’ve been contemplating getting a M.O.R.E. fire extinguisher bracket like yours. How secure is the fire extinguisher in the bracket? Is there a possibility that it could slip out of the bracket in a frontal accident, becoming a projectile? Do the bungee chords hold the fire extinguisher firm enough to keep it from rattling?
With the 2.5 lb bottle the extingusher can slide up about 1 inch then hits the cross bar so it cannot slide out.
There is also no rattle that I hear.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
How does the Cooltech actually attach to the rollbar? It doesn’t specify on their site.
It bolts into the large hole on the backside of the roll bar and one of the smaller screws secures the bottom section. It seems really solid and secure.
Sponsored