John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
I treat the the mpg as a challenge.
Tips for those interested:
Try not to idle, zero mpg
Max torque is 1,500 rpm, try to stay in that area. When I’m shooting for a personal best I don’t get above 2k rpm.
Don’t use cruise

it’s my wife’s daily so I don’t drive it but once or twice a week. She drives it like she wants to and gets 26.2-27 regularly.
Sponsored

Beau

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator. 2018 Longhorn Diesel
My Gladiator Diesel was going to be a secondary vehicle, I can’t stop driving it, my Cummins truck is getting a vacation. I have owned alot of Jeeps and nothing compares to this diesel.

image.jpg

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
The funny thing for me with my EcoDesiel is that I have never got anything close to the 29 hwy mileage. It is so much fun to drop my foot on the throtle I gave up on trying to get the mileage on the window sticker. I was careful on a long drive once and got 27-28 once just to see if it was possible, that was enough. The roof rack goes on this weekend, I’ll never get that once I do that addition.
We have the EcoDiesel in our Grand Cherokee. I’m not sure what it has in common with the engine in the Wrangler, but the Cherokee has been a joy. We love it slightly less since the required reflash, as it significantly dropped fuel economy and performance. Prior to that I’d get at or over 30 mpg on long trips if I was driving. My wife drives it most of the time, and she treats the accelerator as an on-off switch, so she gets closer to 24 mpg.

We’ve been trying to claim our FCA eco diesel settlement for about seven months now. They keep losing paperwork, so I keep resending it. The FCA corporate interaction is a complete sh#tshow, but until the government got involved the engine was amazing.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I am a true diesel fan. I am concerned about the 3.0 though. I really want to hear some 40-50K reviews before sinking my teeth into one. Hopefully we can get some before 2022.

TowDawg

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited, BMW 535M, Dodge Viper, Hummer H1, race cars, motorhome, general toys.
I tried the turbo 4 in my 2019 and while it had good power, it was so buzzzy and awful sounding that I went with the 3.6 in my 2020 and while it's lacking a little on power, it's so much smoother to drive. I just placed my order for my 2021 and thought I wanted the 3.0, so I found one at a decently close dealer to go try out. To be honest, I still like the 3.6 better and ended up ordering it again. (The fact that I can get full-time 4wd with the 3.6 and not the 3.0 didn't help the 3.0's case.)
While the 3.0 absolutely had more power if I put my foot to the floor, it felt very laggy and like I HAD to really push the pedal if I needed that power. Maybe I didn't drive it long enough to truly appreciate it, but first impressions definitely didn't match what I was hoping for.
Sponsored