FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Now that everyone has had a chance to see the MOPAR catalog, what are the general thoughts and opinions?

Mine are that its either a good deal or too expensive with not much between those two options.

Like the tail gate reinforcement for $625 is a joke, aftermarket will do so much better, heck you might even find an entire bumper/swing away combo for that kind of price. The warn winches are $878 for a steel line winch, and $1595 for a synthetic, also a joke considering you can go pluck a 10,000 Smittybilt comp series for $380. I know some people will laugh and say that you cant compare a Smitty to a Warn when you look at quality, but mine has never broken on me and its been through a lot....even pulling out a deuce-deuce. The MOPAR round LED off road lights are around $100 per inch...no thanks.

Then there are other items that do not seem all that bad, like the 2" MOPAR lift for $1495. Nobody knows yet if that is good or bad and it really depends on who makes the kit (doubt that Jeep themselves make it, probably a joint effort with some other manufacturer).

For the most part the MOPAR catalog seems to be way to high priced for what you get. Anyone else think I am looking at this the wrong way or agree? Just curious.
Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I could see you are spot on.

Not sure I am going to need a tailgate reinforcement with 35's yet, but without making the hinges stronger, seems a waste. When I go to 37's and the 2" lift, then I will need some reinforcement with a new bumper/tire carrier.

I like the lift and floor mats and a few others.

After market will tell.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
I think the prices are a little high, but they are oem, so I expect that and expect to buy their accessories just like their parts...at 20-25% off msrp somewhere. I think the catalog will be convenient for people buying sports but who love the looks of the rubicon, for buying the rubi bumpers, fenders and hoods, etc. Also handy for sport owners who want packages not offered at the sport level like leds. I know aftermarket will be cheaper when it's eventually available, but a lot of people will pay more for oem plug and play and oem looks.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
I think Mopar has finally wised up to what many already knew was a cash cow by taking advantage of having the ability to get a jump on the aftermarket and catching buyers before they leave the dealership.

I’m looking more to the aftermarket manufacturers for solutions for armor and utility as i think they have a better idea of what customers want and more R&D experience. I’m anticipating great things from AEV now they took delivery of their first test mule. I just see more “bang for the buck” in the aftermarket arena.

One word about LED lighting... Careful when choosing lights. LEDs vary in color temperature and can greatly impact performance and driver eye fatigue. I’ve run Lightforce products since the early 2000s and have always been impressed with their attention to detail and performance.

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on the availability of winch mounting plates? I tried to order the Mopar one and they canceled the order stating they weren't available for order until 3/1/18!

Sponsored

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
Can someone direct me to where I can view the MOPAR parts catalog?

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go - full PDF catalog and real life photos of many of the parts.
Hey Jay. Any idea when the Mopar winch mount and related parts will be available to order? I keep getting told not available to order yet.
Thanks.
Sponsored