Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Dumb question, if the e torque (3.6 Auto) is “active” and at a stop light and shut down, why would it start the engine back up with my foot still firmly on the brake pedal?. I noticed this today a few times on the way home while stopped after appx 1 minute. I thought once it shuts engine off you need to release the brake pressure. I understand the system needs to meet certain conditions ( temps, engine temps), but found it odd it started back up with brake on, showed message cabin temp cooling heating not up to temp. Can this system start back up after it shuts down before releasing the brake pedal? Brand new ordered 2021 Willys bought last year, 3,8000 miles.
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Dumb question, if the e torque (3.6 Auto) is “active” and at a stop light and shut down, why would it start the engine back up with my foot still firmly on the brake pedal?. I noticed this today a few times on the way home while stopped after appx 1 minute. I thought once it shuts engine off you need to release the brake pressure. I understand the system needs to meet certain conditions ( temps, engine temps), but found it odd it started back up with brake on, showed message cabin temp cooling heating not up to temp. Can this system start back up after it shuts down before releasing the brake pedal? Brand new ordered 2021 Willys bought last year, 3,8000 miles.
It'll start back up by itself if it gets too hot or cold in the cabin based on your temp settings. For instance, where I live, in the short time I used ESS before I disabled it, it would only shut down for a few seconds in the summer because it is so hot here.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
In the driver menu screen if you have it set to start/stop ready it will tell you why it’s inactive.
it is usually a/c interior related. 👍 I just found this out last week myself.