Dynatrac HD ball joints???

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I have a '20 Sport with the D30 up front and a 2.5" RC lift on 37s..
Would it be foolish to put those in that axle? I've been seeing that the ball joints start failing around 20k miles. I put my lift/tires on it at about 40k miles. I don't have any issues right now, just trying to avoid any problems in the future.

I don't plan on upgrading that axle for at least another year or two due to cost.

Would some other, less expensive HD ball joints suffice?

What about the Synergy track bar sector shaft bracket?

Again, I don't have any issues, just trying to beef it up for those 37s...
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have a '20 Sport with the D30 up front and a 2.5" RC lift on 37s..
Would it be foolish to put those in that axle? I've been seeing that the ball joints start failing around 20k miles. I put my lift/tires on it at about 40k miles. I don't have any issues right now, just trying to avoid any problems in the future.

I don't plan on upgrading that axle for at least another year or two due to cost.

Would some other, less expensive HD ball joints suffice?

What about the Synergy track bar sector shaft bracket?

Again, I don't have any issues, just trying to beef it up for those 37s...
I’d wait until the stock ones are worn out, but the Dynatrac ball joints seem to be the only ones that hold up to 37” and larger tires.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I installed two sets of the Dynatrac HD ball joints in a bud's jeep and my Jeep in the last week. I would say that if you plan to switch out the axle soon, I would go with something more cost effective. If you planned on keeping the axle, then I would put the Dynatrac one in.

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I think that as often and as hard as I wheel it, the front 30 will be fine. That rear 35 has to go though.

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I thought I saw Synergy HD ball joints for the JL, but now can't find them.

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
i would only do this when your stock ball joints wear out, its a bit of a crap shoot of how long your ball joints last, depends on the wheel and tires you use, how far the wheels stick out, what kind of driving you are doing, and how good of a set of ball joints you got from the factory

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
i would only do this when your stock ball joints wear out, its a bit of a crap shoot of how long your ball joints last, depends on the wheel and tires you use, how far the wheels stick out, what kind of driving you are doing, and how good of a set of ball joints you got from the factory
The above statement has value. Let the stock ones wear out first. In our case, the five JLURs that I wheel with have had 37s on them since new. The ball joints are worn out about 35,000 to 40,000 miles. I have done two of the Jeeps so far, and waiting for a set of Dynatrac HD ball joints to come in to do the third Jeep. I am pretty sure that the other two Jeeps need ball joints also, my buds just don't want to admit it yet.

The stock ones that I have pulled out are wasted. They flop around like a spring door stopper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dynatrac HD ball joints??? tenor

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Dana makes a HD set but honestly there is only a $200 difference in price. The Dynatrac are well worth the $200 difference.
Sponsored