MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed a rough country 2.5 spacer lift. I am trying to torque my drive shaft bolts to the 89 ft lbs but cannot for the life of me figure out how to keep the shaft from spinning for me to do it. Wasnt sure putting it into 4 hi would be safe. Is there another way to do it?
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed a rough country 2.5 spacer lift. I am trying to torque my drive shaft bolts to the 89 ft lbs but cannot for the life of me figure out how to keep the shaft from spinning for me to do it. Wasnt sure putting it into 4 hi would be safe. Is there another way to do it?
The front? Put it in 4hi yeah

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Did you replace your driveshaft while you were at it or why did you disconnect the DS?

Brett

OP
OP
MadDog27

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
No I discounted it to prevent any damage while lowering the axle to get the spacers in.

Your saying it’s safe to just put in 4 hi and torque to 89 huh? Alright. I’ll go that route as I’m out of ideas otherwise. Don’t want to put my impact on it as it’ll probably be too much.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
No I discounted it to prevent any damage while lowering the axle to get the spacers in.

Your saying it’s safe to just put in 4 hi and torque to 89 huh? Alright. I’ll go that route as I’m out of ideas otherwise. Don’t want to put my impact on it as it’ll probably be too much.
There is no way you can out torque the engine force that gets put on it, youll be okay my friend

OP
OP
MadDog27

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Good point. I guess I was worried I’d break something but good point. Thanks everyone for the help! This is only thing I have left to do for the lift and then I’m off to bed!
There is no way you can out torque the engine force that gets put on it, youll be okay my friend
Sponsored