Doors Off Driving Just Impractical?

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
I run my top in safari mode with the doors off. Cuts down on the wind tremendously

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, the wind is excessive with the doors off. And double trouble if the doors and top are off. It's literally like standing in a cat. 5 hurricane. You can't even hear yourself think because it sounds like somebody is holding a compressed air can up to your ears. Pretty miserable actually. That's Jeep life.
That’s all part of Jeep Life awesomeness.

508_Jeep

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Bruh, put your hat on backwards , and enjoy!! You kidding me?

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Putting on a mesh top like the one www.jtopsusa.com sells will make a difference unless there's a strong side wind. It also reduces the direct sunshine so it's more comfortable on hot days.
I had never looked at their products but since the razor I use to shave my head lasts longer each time (less hair each month) this would be a great addition to my Jeep. This forum is fantastic because people are willing to share the great products they find and use. I will always spend more for a better product than spend multiple times for crap.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I don’t find motorcycle riding to be a great reference point, as I don’t wear a earplugs, helmet, and full gear when driving the Jeep. Well, yet anyway... :)

Also very different turbulence. If your bike is set up right you get a smooth stream hitting the helmet. Topless in the Jeep I get all sorts of flapping and dirty air. But I figure it is a feature rather than a bug.

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
You’ll learn to have a pair of “doors off” sunglasses vs your run of the mill pair .

When there’s a bad crosswind, yeah, it is super windy. But a naked Jeep ride is one of life’s great experiences! Embrace it!

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
On a nice day (or even on a crappy day) - no better or more relaxing feeling than doors and top off with one foot hanging out. That is a Jeep and nothing else can compare with that one.
I completely agree except when somebody brake checks me and I have to pop my foot back on the clutch real fast!:CWL:

Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You’ll learn to have a pair of “doors off” sunglasses vs your run of the mill pair .

When there’s a bad crosswind, yeah, it is super windy. But a naked Jeep ride is one of life’s great experiences! Embrace it!
"doors off" sunglasses are all I ever wear.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
"doors off" sunglasses are all I ever wear.
Between my wife and my kids innate ability to lose or destroy sunglasses I refuse to spend more than $25 on a pair. I loved the Performance Bike Scattante Maestro sunglasses, but they had the audacity to go out of business. Now I buy either Ironman or Panama Jack $14.95 sunglasses at Walmart. Having been married 21+ years a pair of sunglasses isn't a deal breaker as long as I don't look like 1970's Elton John with massive and bedazzled frames!