Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
A buddy of mine had a YJ in high school. He broke up with his girlfriend and took it hard. He used to like to drive by her house. No matter where we were going he always found a way to go by her house. If no one was home he would drive up on her lawn and empty his ashtray. I think that's when I decided I really wanted a Jeep.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
A buddy of mine had a YJ in high school. He broke up with his girlfriend and took it hard. He used to like to drive by her house. No matter where we were going he always found a way to go by her house. If no one was home he would drive up on her lawn and empty his ashtray. I think that's when I decided I really wanted a Jeep.
LMAO!!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
First Jeep, had it since November. I was looking forward to stripping it down and doing as much top-down, doors off driving as possible in the nicer months, bought some mirrors and am ready to go. I've had the doors off twice now and the problem is the wind effects. I basically can't go anywhere from my house without getting on roads that you'd typically drive 50+ MPH. So of course I expected some 'wind in your hair' type stuff, but first time out, the wind got so bad it felt like my hat was going to blow off. So OK, I thought I wore the wrong hat, need a tighter hat. I have one so I'll wear that one. Next time out, with the tighter hat, wind felt like it would blow that one off too, and even it was so bad it felt like my eye-glasses were going to blow too. So I'm driving down the road, sitting on my hat holding my eyeglasses with one hand, steering with the other, manual transmission - that's a no go. To be fair, they both were somewhat windy days, but still. So is that how it goes, you really can't do those speeds without the doors? Or was it just bad weather for it, keep trying? Thanks for your advice.
Yep, the wind is excessive with the doors off. And double trouble if the doors and top are off. It's literally like standing in a cat. 5 hurricane. You can't even hear yourself think because it sounds like somebody is holding a compressed air can up to your ears. Pretty miserable actually. That's Jeep life.

Jay07pr

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon
Hat backwards fixes that issue easily. It's how I use rock it on highway drives. :like:

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
F1561BC6-7882-4D2A-9624-8E3AB2F6374D.jpeg
54A5DA0D-3087-4741-9D9E-7CAB0D1A0EE0.jpeg
What's the best Italian food you have eaten while in a JL?
Well....... I lived in Pisa for a couple of years and I met my 1st Wife there...so technically I have eaten ALL kinds of Italian food in my Jeep...but it was my CJ, long before the JL

Rubicon29527

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
I've been doorless and topless for 3 weeks, this is my relaxing time. Do people not research jeeps before they buy them? Wife even has the jeep hair dont care hat lol

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I've been doorless and topless for 3 weeks, this is my relaxing time. Do people not research jeeps before they buy them? Wife even has the jeep hair dont care hat lol
Exactly, I mean WTH do people think is going to happen with the top and doors off?

Keagan

First Name
Stephani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon, 2014 Z51 Corvette Convertible, 2013 Smart Fortwo
Vehicle Showcase
I love driving with the top down with Keagan (the Jeep - now an ‘18 JL) and Ronin (‘14 Corvette Convertible.) I did not think that was unusual until a coworker mentioned not liking driving on the freeway with (even) the window done. I now figure I must have been a dog in a previous life...

In regards to hats... I generally wear a baseball cap that is a little tight. On the Corvette, where we had just picked up Ronin (museum delivery) and were cruising down I65 and we had bought matching Laguna blue C7 Corvette hats and mine flew off. (Like heck am I going to loose that so drove in reverse back to pick it up.). We now have a lanyard that clips securely to the back of the hats - LOL.

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
First time driving JLUR with front doors off this weekend. The cross winds in some open areas were strong enough where I actually struggled to breathe. I had to turn my head away from the driver door opening to gasp some air. It also effected my daughter in the passenger seat the same way.

I absolutely love the door-less open air feeling, but at high speeds on a windy day, it kind of ruins the fun factor.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i tuck my hat away when on the freeways out here in cali when the doors or top are off. ive even noticed the MPG with just doors off is way worse than with the top off.... due to the wind stopping and swirling about the cabin like a mofo. I enjoy the naked jeep more than i enjoyed riding my Motorcycle the few years i was on it