Sponsored

Door nets recommendations?

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Hey guys, don’t know if you saw this but you can pre-order a set for the JL now.

https://www.overland-outfitters.com/store/p52/Door_Pockets_Pair.html#/

At the bottom of the page it asks which model and the JL 4 door is on it.

If you preorder now it’s $199, so I picked some up. We will see how long it takes to get, but thought I’d pass along.
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
I like a lot of their stuff, but doesn’t match my color theme… Need some in red and black.
I was talking to them about colors the other day and they said they've had a few requests for red items, and a few requests for black leather instead of brown. They sent me this colorized photo of their Grab Bar Pockets in red (still with brown leather) just to show what red might look like.

NavigatorConsoleJL2ColorizedRed.jpg

They're willing and interested in red canvas and/or black leather (with black canvas) if they think there will be demand for those colors, so if people are interested in those colors (or other colors) post here about which colors you'd like and which of their items you'd like to see in those colors and I'll convey your messages to them.

Hey guys, don’t know if you saw this but you can pre-order a set for the JL now.

https://www.overland-outfitters.com/store/p52/Door_Pockets_Pair.html#/

At the bottom of the page it asks which model and the JL 4 door is on it.

If you preorder now it’s $199, so I picked some up. We will see how long it takes to get, but thought I’d pass along.
They were showing the JL Door Pockets at the Smokey Mountain Jeep Invasion last weekend, in this photo you can see a JL door panel with pockets on the table just to the left of the Jeep. They were taking orders there and telling people they would ship in about a week.

Smokey21OO1.jpg

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like a lot of their stuff, but doesn’t match my color theme… Need some in red and black.
I spoke to Overland Outfitters about colors a few days ago. They tell me they just made a one-off set of JK Door Pockets in tan with brown leather for a guy who apparently has a tan interior, and they recently made a one-off set of JLU Saddlebags in all black for another person who didn't want the leather accents.

Their JLU Saddlebags are available in tan or black canvas with brown leather accents (top photos) and the bottom photo is grabbed from a video of the all-black one-off Saddlebag they did for a customer. It's all canvas, no leather.

Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? JL4drSaddlebagColors2

They charged a premium for those one-offs, but they say if they see demand for some particular color combination, they'll consider making that combination a regular product.

Another color combo they're thinking about is black canvas/black leather with red stitching (Quadratec actually suggested this color combo to them), this is an early rough prototype Grab Bar Pocket they did in those colors, shown in this photo in an LJ:

Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? RedStitchTJ4

Sponsored

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noticed AAL posted on instagram that they have some new ones coming out later this week that look pretty nice.

Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 2.58.27 PM
Seems like a large section of those panels wouldn't be very usable - there's very little space between the seat and the door:

MolleBagTest1c.jpg

Does anyone know of any MOLLE pouches that are thin enough fit and but thick enough to be useful?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Seems like a large section of those panels wouldn't be very usable - there's very little space between the seat and the door:

MolleBagTest1c.jpg

Does anyone know of any MOLLE pouches that are thin enough fit and but thick enough to be useful?
It is useful if your wife is like mine and insists on shoving more and more crap into the stock door net until it sags down and looks awful. 🤣 It may only be good for maps, but that’s fine with me. I’m just happy to be able to replace those gross stock ones. MOLLE panels would still be useful for mounting flashlight, knife, element fire extinguisher, etc.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... MOLLE panels would still be useful for mounting flashlight, knife, element fire extinguisher, etc.
I keep smaller tools and things on the roll bar above my door - tactical flash light, multitool (in on of the pockets at left), air pressure gauge, etc. Easy to access but out of the way.

RollBarBuddyTacticalJL.jpg

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I keep smaller tools and things on the roll bar above my door - tactical flash light, multitool (in on of the pockets at left), air pressure gauge, etc. Easy to access but out of the way.

RollBarBuddyTacticalJL.jpg
How’s your pop tart storage? 🙃

That’s a nice spot for little extras on the roll bar though👌

Sponsored

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How’s your pop tart storage? 🙃

That’s a nice spot for little extras on the roll bar though👌
Pop tarts go in the fridge in the back :)

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? 7A79FA85-8C7D-48C9-87D1-D9C0FE0515F8

Enough room for a set of AR mags...

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
My saggy nets are no longer. I got my Overland Outfitters door pockets installed this morning. They are high quality and look great. Well worth it in my opinion.
Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? A94EF341-0AB5-4203-9361-52C9345AA6DC
Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? A94EF341-0AB5-4203-9361-52C9345AA6DC
Looks great!

Could you describe the install process? They are self-tapping screwed into the door, right?

Also how easily were the OEM nets removed or are they removed at all?

TIA
Sponsored