Door nets recommendations?

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
What about something like this? Overland Outfitters recently released door pockets for the JK/JKU and they're now planning to do something similar for the JL/JLU/Gladiator. Here are two prototypes:

Design2b.jpg

Design1b.jpg

They're trying to decide which version to go with; if anyone has any feedback post it and I'll forward it on to them.

They've also done a Molle version for the JK/JKU but the pocket version is much more popular so they tell me they might not to a Molle version for the JL.

JKMolle2.jpg
I love the first version; but with no other leather accents in my Jeep, as good as those look, I wonder if they would also offer a simple black on black? Regardless, I’d be in for this set! Style meets function!
Sponsored

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Looks great!

Could you describe the install process? They are self-tapping screwed into the door, right?

Also how easily were the OEM nets removed or are they removed at all?

TIA
It’s pretty easy. You pull the bottom of the door panel off a little and slide the pocket over the bottom (there are holes to match the door clips). Then push the panel back on and use the 3 self tapping screws to hold the front.

I had ripped my sagging nets out a while ago, but with these, you definitely can leave the nets on and it would make another storage area inside the door pocket, if that makes sense.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
...I wonder if they would also offer a simple black on black? Regardless, I’d be in for this set! Style meets function!
I checked with them about doing door pockets in all black and they said they don't plan to make that a standard color because the black with brown leather ones have been so popular but they say they can do all custom black versions if someone really wants them. They tell me they've done two custom sets so far - they did a tan version for someone with a tan JKU and they did an all black JLU version (I think they said it's for someone on this forum). The all-black version has a black canvas flap over the pocket instead of tan leather. They told me they'd charge a little bit more for a custom color, you can contact them through their web site to if you're interested. They'd probably do custom ones in tan or red as well, I know they've got that fabric in stock because they do other products in those colors.

BTW tan door pockets might look good with the tan leather seats, here's a photo of their Saddlebag in tan in a JLU with tan leather seats:

JLRedRubiTanSaddlebag2.jpg

While I was talking to them I asked about their roll bar storage product - I posted a photo of that the other day and couldn't say it was from them because they hadn't decided to put it in production. Well now they've decided and soon the will offer two versions of it - a "tactical" version:

RollBarBuddyTacticalJL.jpg

And a "pocket" version:

RollBarBuddyPockets.jpg

They may look slightly different than the prototypes above, those are "proof of concept" prototypes that don't have final styling. I haven't yet seen exactly what the production ones will look like.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON

Sponsored

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are these available in all black?
I believe all black is available on a special order basis but you can ask them that on their website

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Installed these the other day from Invictus. I have some small MOLLE bags to try out, but not a ton of room between the door and seat.
But, it does tighten up the stretched and torn mesh pockets so I can use the front mesh again.
Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? IMG_20211124_103523

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

did you end up getting this? Love the look of them. I would mount a cup holder
I did, however I haven’t installed them yet. They actually require cutting out the factory door nets and self tapping new screws. I will likely eventually install them when the nets stretch. But I wish I had known that before ordering them.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Ebburg

First Name
Egan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 2 door soft top
Someone with some skills should make a molle solution to this. Doesn’t need to be a useable “net” but a place where you can mount different accessories like a zipper bag or a cup holder… I would do it but I don’t have said “skills.” My idea is free though!
American Adventure Labs has the “skills”. I installed these this morning.

D619D343-E225-4D8B-B09A-05063E499E90.jpeg

C22E3ED8-3D69-489B-BD3D-A836521F91C5.jpeg

steverj64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Wow. I'm glad I popped in to look for solutions. I keep all kinds of stuff in my nets to the point where they hit the door jambs. The dealership is replacing all my door panels under warranty. If everybody did that maybe they would come up with a sturdier solution. JEEP not cheap$. They shouldn't be built to fall apart at 36k mi. Plastic door mirror starting to rattle too and I haven't even hit a tree or rock yet, hahaha. Just Empty Every Pocket, :LOL:

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Wow. I'm glad I popped in to look for solutions. I keep all kinds of stuff in my nets to the point where they hit the door jambs. The dealership is replacing all my door panels under warranty. If everybody did that maybe they would come up with a sturdier solution. JEEP not cheap$. They shouldn't be built to fall apart at 36k mi. Plastic door mirror starting to rattle too and I haven't even hit a tree or rock yet, hahaha. Just Empty Every Pocket, :LOL:
I wish I would of had the dealership replace before my factory warranty was up. It is crazy they do not offer replacement factory door nets

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Outfitters tells me they'll be releasing pockets for JL/Gladiator rear doors within the next two weeks. This photo shows the JK rear door pockets they released a few weeks ago; the JL/Gladiator ones are pretty much the same with slightly different dimensions because the JK and JL/Gladiator door panels are slightly different sizes.

JKRearDoorPocketsSample1c(1).jpg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Overland Outfitters tells me they'll be releasing pockets for JL/Gladiator rear doors within the next two weeks. This photo shows the JK rear door pockets they released a few weeks ago; the JL/Gladiator ones are pretty much the same with slightly different dimensions because the JK and JL/Gladiator door panels are slightly different sizes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Door nets recommendations? JKRearDoorPocketsSample1c(1)
That’s great! I have the front ones and really like them. Thanks for sharing the news.
Sponsored