Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to try your washer trick. but I'm also going to add 2 rubber cone washers I found from a toilet repair kit under them to fully fill the cone shaped void in the door hinge before I tighten it all down
Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 Impala SS, BMW X5M, 2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to try your washer trick. but I'm also going to add 2 rubber cone washers I found from a toilet repair kit under them to fully fill the cone shaped void in the door hinge before I tighten it all down
That's a really good idea about the rubber parts to fill the void. I actually just picked up more washers. I doubled them up and was able to torque to specs. I couldn't find any rubber cone pieces..I almost went to the toilet section though lol. 4 bags of these did the trick.
20180418_180340.jpg

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I would use stainless washers or better yet synthetic washers to fill the gaps. Remember your doors are aluminum and it loves to react with steel, even if it's galvanized steel. Ford uses composite layers to separate steel from aluminum in its F150 pickup.

OP
OP
turk

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
That's a really good idea about the rubber parts to fill the void. I actually just picked up more washers. I doubled them up and was able to torque to specs. I couldn't find any rubber cone pieces..I almost went to the toilet section though lol. 4 bags of these did the trick.
20180418_180340.jpg
nicely done. I also didnt have enough of those flat washers. but I did find these at home depot. I had to cut them down. but now I'm thinking I should paint the steel washers with black rust paint so they dont rust and leave water streaks down my door paint. and I'm going to get the 3/8" rubber version of these washers to see if it's an even tighter fit...and yes in the toilet section

shopping.jpeg

KCVS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura and JLUR in KZ
They help with loading and unloading from your roof. I can't speak for Yokin but I kayak and these are a huge help when loading my 'yak. That way you aren't trying to balance on your door sill. Much more stability. Oh, and it looks cool.
Just figured out how to load mine without a ladder. Still going to go with domething that can have a hullivator mounted once available.

Sponsored

matto

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKR 2008, Jeep JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Damn why didn't I think of washers!!! I reshaped the bracket to fit inside the curves and took forever and a day!

Mailmanj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Damn why didn't I think of washers!!! I reshaped the bracket to fit inside the curves and took forever and a day!

I was thinking of trying that. Did you gave to grind the corners? Any trouble getting the bolts off? I am having a heck of a time getting them loose. Using a T45. Is that what you guys have used?

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking of trying that. Did you gave to grind the corners? Any trouble getting the bolts off? I am having a heck of a time getting them loose. Using a T45. Is that what you guys have used?
T50.. whatever the instructions said lol. Don't worry about the paint. You're going to use the longer provided bolts anyway.

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. That sounds like it took awhile. I bet it looks good though. I'm going to get rid of the gasket it came with and just use a silicone bead for a cleaner look.

JL1LE

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU White Rubicon
Looking to go the same route as others here. Can somebody provide a picture with the door steps installed in their JL, from far away?
Sponsored