Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
No I figured they might be difficult to balance with the pvc insert.
Sorry. I was asking haybuilt about his Boss 40's. Wasn't paying attention on my phone.

My wheels and tires are legit up to 90mph. Haven't balanced them at all but I had special requests of the wheels. So the runout is very minimal. The only negative is the weight. 175ish for wheel and tire.
Sponsored

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Sorry. I was asking haybuilt about his Boss 40's. Wasn't paying attention on my phone.

My wheels and tires are legit up to 90mph. Haven't balanced them at all but I had special requests of the wheels. So the runout is very minimal. The only negative is the weight. 175ish for wheel and tire.
That's pretty impressive, and how often are you going to do 90 in a Jeep.

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
That's pretty impressive, and how often are you going to do 90 in a Jeep.
Agreed. We were out on the open highway in Utah cruising along at the speed limit and it was smooth as glass. Moved it up to see what was going on and never really had an issue. :)

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Agreed. We were out on the open highway in Utah cruising along at the speed limit and it was smooth as glass. Moved it up to see what was going on and never really had an issue. :)
You work for Trail Ready Fab don't you?

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

Sponsored

HayBuiltJLU

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I can take any measurement you like to compare. We might need to measure axle tube to frame to be certain because weight and tire pressure and tire height will play into all of it.

Have you had any time on the Boss 40's? I've had my eye on them for my next set of wheels. :)
Frame to top of tube measurement would be a good comparison. I have not yet, they are waiting on the axles to be delivered. I can say visually they are VERY impressive, they make my Nitto Ridge Grapplers look like they were meant for a toy car.

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Frame to top of tube measurement would be a good comparison. I have not yet, they are waiting on the axles to be delivered. I can say visually they are VERY impressive, they make my Nitto Ridge Grapplers look like they were meant for a toy car.

Top of tube to bottom of frame = 8.25" in the front.

10.5" in the rear.

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Mind showing some pictures of your aux switch setup? I'm doing some research on axle swaps for my Rubi as well and have been doing some looking into what kind of switches to use, since it doesn't seem possible to retain the stock Rubicon locker switch

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Mind showing some pictures of your aux switch setup? I'm doing some research on axle swaps for my Rubi as well and have been doing some looking into what kind of switches to use, since it doesn't seem possible to retain the stock Rubicon locker switch

#3 and #4. :)

20200224_125925.jpg

Sponsored

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
#3 and #4. :)

20200224_125925.jpg
Very nice. I wonder if you could cut out all the sensors and retain the stock locker switch by just making it an on/off switch.

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Very nice. I wonder if you could cut out all the sensors and retain the stock locker switch by just making it an on/off switch.
I'm a firm believer that everything is possible. So I do believe you could do that.... if you were running 1 locker. If you're running 2 lockers having them independent of each other is nice. Push button on and off for each locker is nice. I've been seeing quite a few other switch makers tossing their finger into the pie since Spod became all the rage.

Saw one review on utoob the other day touting a switch that was under $300 with 8 different options. If I ever add more accessories I will probably go with something like that. Then you can hard wire your lockers into it. I'm really wanting to hard wire my Viair 450p. Will probably get to that this year. :)

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yeah I already forgot the name of the company that I was looking at last night, but sounds similar to what you're talking about. Replaces the entire area where the stock locker switch and aux switches are. I don't have the aux switches on my Jeep, so I'd need to so something.

I'm in a similar boat where I'm looking to add an air compressor into the mix at some point, so I think I'll do those all at the same time and use the switch panel.

I'm not a fan of mounting switch banks on the A-pillar like some jeeps have. I'd rather retain a mostly stock looking interior

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Me too. I like that stock feel. I don't add things up in the way if I can get around it another way. The only time it is nice up top is when you're using it all the time. This Jeep is my daily driver. So I spend a crazy amount more time not using my switches.

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
How have the 40s been to daily drive with? This Jeep will remain a daily driver after it's upgrades as well. It'll get towed to the trails, but it'll be daily driven.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.