Sponsored

Does your significant other hate your Jeep?

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Yeah, the avatar shows it all as the last one we have right now is actually hers - dang it !!!
Why did I sell off the JK's !!! - Doh !!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Does your significant other hate your Jeep? 41-4162

So, yeah, she doesn't hate it

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
My wife had driven minivans for over 20 years. Since we have been together, shes had two. A bought new 2003 Mazda MPV and a 2014 Town and Country we got in 2015. In 2021 she said she really wanted something other than a minivan so we went and looked at a Wrangler she said she loved the way it drove but hated the terrible brakes. So she settled for a Renegade. After about 6mo of owning it and realized it burned 1.5qts of oil in about 3k miles I said screw that and we got rid of it. She settled on a GMC Terrain and it stunk every time she started it. Needless to say she hated that and wanted to look again at a Wrangler. We went up to the local dealer and she test drove one. She realized the brakes werent bad on it like the other (sales guy with the last one said they were all like that). She saw the High Velocity JLUXR and fell in love. Now she says she smiles every time she looks at it. The only vehicle I have ever seen her absolutely fall in love with. Now with that being said, a week later after playing with hers, I traded in my 2022 loaded Silverado and got my own JLUXR LOL. She says she will always own a Jeep as long as they dont go electric.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
My wife has never loved my vehicles (2012 Mazdaspeed3 and a 2016 WRX). She doesn't care but wasn't too excited for me to get a Jeep. She used to hate the sunroof open or the windows down... Hell she never used her panoramic sunroof on her Mercedes GLA250.

All of that changed when we got the Wrangler! Now she asks me to take the top off, doors off, and I've caught her enjoying her sunroof too!

Needless to say, getting the Jeep strongly changed her opinion!

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
After lifting it, she told me I need "steppie bars". I declined and she told me that she can't wear a dress to church if I took the Jeep. Looks like the jeans are getting worn on the Sundays we take the Jeep.

When I got the Tundra I got the steps at her request, but the Jeep is not a Tundra.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife has never loved my vehicles (2012 Mazdaspeed3 and a 2016 WRX). She doesn't care but wasn't too excited for me to get a Jeep. She used to hate the sunroof open or the windows down... Hell she never used her panoramic sunroof on her Mercedes GLA250.

All of that changed when we got the Wrangler! Now she asks me to take the top off, doors off, and I've caught her enjoying her sunroof too!

Needless to say, getting the Jeep strongly changed her opinion!
My wife was the same way. She hates getting her hair in her face even when its pulled back. Now she has her Jeep hat that says no roads no problem and she doesnt care. :)

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After lifting it, she told me I need "steppie bars". I declined and she told me that she can't wear a dress to church if I took the Jeep. Looks like the jeans are getting worn on the Sundays we take the Jeep.

When I got the Tundra I got the steps at her request, but the Jeep is not a Tundra.
Had to put steps. Its to high off the ground for her to get in without them. She has short people problems as she would put it.

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Yes, only because she can’t drink a coffee and drive (mine is a manual). Otherwise, she loves it.

Sponsored

Santana74

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler Sahara Altitude 3.0l, 18 Jaguar F-Pace
The Wrangler is actually good for traveling. Today's SUVs are all curvy in the back to give them that sleek look, while the Wranglers are basically 90degrees and allows you to jam a lot of stuff in there.
I had a GMC sierra with a tonneau cover. We wouldn't have any room left in the bed of the truck. It was ridiculous.

23xr392

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
I love how the title of this thread shows up as “Does your significant other hate you…” when I’m viewing on my phone.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Based on most of the comments around this forum. If the significant other hated Jeep they couldn’t own one. Most need permission from their other half to even consider a vehicle of any kind. Do the letters PW mean anything to you? 😂🤣
Got some strong incel vibes pumpin outta that post DAMN lol.

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
My Wife likes the Jeep for the most part. She's more content to be a passenger instead of driving it, but, she does hate that it's a 2-door and too tall for her to get into. She would've preferred that we ordered a 4-door and stuck with the stock tire size.