Sponsored

Does your significant other hate your Jeep?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Had an Odyssey years ago. They’re bad ass. Drives like a small car, plenty of roof for all your gear AND room left over to sleep in, and stealthy so you can get away with overnighting and not get caught. And ultra reliable. Siennas and Odysseys are amazing.
Thanks but no thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Ugh. An Acura MDX of all things! That thing is only slightly less uncool than a Honda Odyssey.

The horror... 😫
It’s not cool, but it’s a fantastic road trip car. Next week I’ll be driving ours from IL to CT, about 900 miles, and it’s way better for that than my Jeep. Also the stereo is insane. Otherwise, yeah, I don’t like it much.

EuroSVT

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2023 Wrangler Sport
No, actually we share our Jeeps 😎

Resized_20221218_133602.jpeg

Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Yes. She hates my JLUR. She hated my CJ7. She hates the money I spend on it. She hates that all our vacations lately have been centered around it. She hates that the CJ was always broken and leaking and having to be fixed (I did too, which is why I bought the JLUR). She hates when shit goes wrong with the JLUR.

I don't care though.

She doesn't care that I don't care, so it works out.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
My wife loves Jeepin for the occasional country road trip with the dog. Like others have mentionned, she does hate the constant never ending project that the Jeep is. She was completely fine and actually preferred it by far when it was bone stock.

When we have a planned multiple hours highway trip to make, we do choose to take her Q5.

Last edited:

BaconFury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Diesel
Clubs

Mine loves it but refuses to drive it, I'm totally good with that as her driving is something special. I keep a list of mods on the wall in the shop and she buys me things from that list from time to time. Couldn't ask for a better woman.

Really?AJeep?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Fusion, '97 F-150, '07 Cummins, '22 JLR
My wife claims she hates my Jeep . Probably due to me showing up with it on a trailer after a trip "to see family". Ordered it, bought it and brought it home without her being the wiser, lol. 😁 But I know she secretly likes it now that we've gone on a few trips with it and she's always wanting me to drive it when we go out on a date night.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
My wife doesn't like to drive the Wrangler, doesn't like to ride in it unless the top and doors are off or we are going somewhere where parking is an issue. She only drives it when her vehicle is in the shop, and that hasn't happened since she got the Wagoneer. I still have my truck, and if we don't take the Wagoneer somewhere, which is her preference, she will pick the truck before the Wrangler.

So, the good news from all of this is that I don't have to share it with her, it's all mine!

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yes. She hates my JLUR. She hated my CJ7. She hates the money I spend on it. She hates that all our vacations lately have been centered around it. She hates that the CJ was always broken and leaking and having to be fixed (I did too, which is why I bought the JLUR). She hates when shit goes wrong with the JLUR.

I don't care though.

She doesn't care that I don't care, so it works out.
If "Hate " could be harnessed as Renewable Energy, Wranglers would have fuel for centuries, according to a lot of these posts..
😢

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Nope, she liked my Gladiator so much went and bought a 21 JLU a week later.....and just took delivery of the 23JLU she ordered.
Same here, she liked my JT so much she had to go order herself a JLU. She had an 04 KJ Liberty for a long time, she absolutely loved it, drove it into the ground. Then got herself an Explorer, kept that for a while. But always talked about how much she loved her Liberty. When I brought home the JT she said "That's the last straw, I'm going to get me another Jeep!!"

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
My wife drove my Jeep to work yesterday, probably one of the only 2-3 times she’s driven it in the 18 months I’ve owned (leased) it, and she drove my 2018 JLU Sport about as often in the 3 years I had that. Anyways, she was an OG Jeep girl, she had two XJ Cherokees (‘89 and a beautiful ‘00 Classic) and then a 2005 KJ Liberty. But since then she’s had two Acura SUVs including her current 2022 MDX and I asked her how driving my Jeep was. She was like “it was terrible! It’s the least comfortable, most rough riding car ever and it jerked every time I hit a bump on the highway!” Yeah baby, and your MDX put me to sleep when I was driving it around for you yesterday. The fact that she hates my Jeep is a feature, not a flaw, I don’t want her taking it for herself 🤣

She buys what she wants and I buy what I want, just thought it was funny how much she hated it.
Well, lets be honest. Our wranglers do drive like crap on the road compared to a big cushy sedan.

But thats not why we bought them! So its ok with me that it can be uncomfortable on the road, because the trade off is that they're awesome at what we do want them to do.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
My wife has said on multiple occasions that if I die first, she is going to bury me in my Jeep.

What on outright honor. Maybe she can have me buried in my Marine Corps Dress Blues as well. Proper military send off ever...
Sponsored