Sponsored

Does your significant other hate your Jeep?

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
> Does your significant other hate your Jeep?

Yes and No. She loves our Jeep, 2021 JLR, but said said she didn't want to go on any more solo runs. So I picked up a 06 TJR and she pronounced that my Jeep and the JLR is hers. She hates my Jeep and refuses to wheel in it.

2022-12-15 11.30.26.jpg
Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
My wife does not like Jeeps. She was fine that I bought one and rides in it but she has zero interest. I even told her to drive it a few times and she declines. She's a pickup truck girl, but I have one of those too so it's all good...

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
My wife hated our Jeep the first time she drove it on day 1 of ownership. She started liking it on day 2. She started calling it "her Jeep" on day 3.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My wife drove my Jeep to work yesterday, probably one of the only 2-3 times she’s driven it in the 18 months I’ve owned (leased) it, and she drove my 2018 JLU Sport about as often in the 3 years I had that. Anyways, she was an OG Jeep girl, she had two XJ Cherokees (‘89 and a beautiful ‘00 Classic) and then a 2005 KJ Liberty. But since then she’s had two Acura SUVs including her current 2022 MDX and I asked her how driving my Jeep was. She was like “it was terrible! It’s the least comfortable, most rough riding car ever and it jerked every time I hit a bump on the highway!” Yeah baby, and your MDX put me to sleep when I was driving it around for you yesterday. The fact that she hates my Jeep is a feature, not a flaw, I don’t want her taking it for herself 🤣

She buys what she wants and I buy what I want, just thought it was funny how much she hated it.
Ugh. An Acura MDX of all things! That thing is only slightly less uncool than a Honda Odyssey.

The horror... 😫

ronstar

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 2021 2dr JL 80th Ann
I have a 2 dr. Wife doesn't hate it, but she doesn't like that it doesn't have enough room (and enclosed room) for her shopping sprees.

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
My wife drove my Jeep to work yesterday, probably one of the only 2-3 times she’s driven it in the 18 months I’ve owned (leased) it, and she drove my 2018 JLU Sport about as often in the 3 years I had that. Anyways, she was an OG Jeep girl, she had two XJ Cherokees (‘89 and a beautiful ‘00 Classic) and then a 2005 KJ Liberty. But since then she’s had two Acura SUVs including her current 2022 MDX and I asked her how driving my Jeep was. She was like “it was terrible! It’s the least comfortable, most rough riding car ever and it jerked every time I hit a bump on the highway!” Yeah baby, and your MDX put me to sleep when I was driving it around for you yesterday. The fact that she hates my Jeep is a feature, not a flaw, I don’t want her taking it for herself 🤣

She buys what she wants and I buy what I want, just thought it was funny how much she hated it.
This is hilarious because it reminds of a true story from about 15 years ago. One day, I go outside to get in my Acura TL and go to work and it was gone, no where to be found, it my wife’s 4 door Jeep JK was there. I called her and asked her why she took my car, and she said she didn’t want to drive the Jeep any more it was too loud. She was so right, I hated driving that specific Jeep around with the soft top. After about 2 weeks, I told her that is she didn’t give me back the Acura, the Jeep was getting traded. Well Jeep got traded for a Mercedes ML and my wife gave me back the Acura. 😂.

And now I’m on my 5th Jeep, a JLURXR-392 that I think I may keep forever.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Ugh. An Acura MDX of all things! That thing is only slightly less uncool than a Honda Odyssey.

The horror... 😫
Had an Odyssey years ago. They’re bad ass. Drives like a small car, plenty of roof for all your gear AND room left over to sleep in, and stealthy so you can get away with overnighting and not get caught. And ultra reliable. Siennas and Odysseys are amazing.

Sponsored

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
Unless the 'significant other' bought and paid for YOUR Jeep, the correct answer is: "If you don't like my Jeep, get out."

It's silly how many PW guys cater their own purchases to their crabby wives' preferences. "Happy wife, happy life" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and most of those who spoke it are now divorced anyway. It's an oxymoron..HAHA!

HD_17

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 3.0 Sahara, '06 LBZ Duramax, '17 Street Glide
Mine came out of an Audi Q5, we looked at getting her another Audi and other similarly priced luxury vehicles and she went for the JLU, but it had to be the Sahara so that it's still "luxury". To be fair she grew up around Jeeps and crawlers with her dad so she had a pretty good idea of what she was getting into.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
My wife loves the jeep, in fact she drives it 3 times more than I do. It's our second vehicle and she runs her business from home so you do the math.

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
Mine has a Compass. She had a 2WD Sport when we met; within a year I had helped her trade it in on a new Trailhawk. Great standard features, decent gas mileage, gets her through crappy weather as well or better than mine.

She'll drive mine occasionally, though. She likes the visibility and loves the engine (the Compass isn't the quickest). I'm trading on a new 2-door manual, and she's never driven stick, so that's going to be a whole different adventure. Kinda looking forward to teaching her.