Does anyone have this grille?

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
20200329_145907.jpg

Im not am "angry bird" grille guy and lord knows that's a tacky modification on a jeep but this one is a little different and I kinda dig it.

Has anyone seen one of these in person? The website doesn't have any reviews yet so I presume they are fairly new.
I have not seen one in person. Not my cup of tea. But, if you like it nobody else matters!!
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
YUK.
On top of that it's $880... that is ludicrous. I can think of about 1,543,296 other things I'd spend $880 on for my Jeep.
That's the hood price you're looking at. The grille is $199.

It's got something that I like, I think it's the single, thick line through the grill coming from the headlights. It sort of reminds me of the Ram Rebel look. If they got rid of half of the slots, then it would be back to a 7-slot grill and would really have a chance then. But I do think there're too many slots for my liking. But it's not terrible, either. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah it reminds me of the Rebel grille too. Kind of a Rebel, Raptor combo. Give it 7 slots, and slight tweak of the headlight openings and I think opinions on this would be much different.

Although I like that many of those who said they don't like it are at least open minded enough to so say do what you like. Many forums aren't like that.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
That's the hood price you're looking at. The grille is $199.

Yeah it reminds me of the Rebel grille too. Kind of a Rebel, Raptor combo. Give it 7 slots, and slight tweak of the headlight openings and I think opinions on this would be much different.

Although I like that many of those who said they don't like it are at least open minded enough to so say do what you like. Many forums aren't like that.
I can think of 1,543,276 things I'd spend $199 on for my Jeep.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You couldn't pay ME $199 to put that abomination on my rig.
There's a tipping point though. You could pay me enough to put it on and then I'd promptly have an accident. The tipping point is the amount of money where the cost of repair and inconvenience is more than covered by the amount paid to but the abomination on my Jeep :)

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I can think of 1,543,276 things I'd spend $199 on for my Jeep.
LOL, fair enough. I was just pointing out that the price isn't ludicrous, not that it would change that you'd rather spend your money on other things.
It's not for you (and probably not for many people), but it's priced about the same as other grilles are.

Blues

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
If we all thought alike we'd be sitting naked outside the cave saying "I wish someone would figure out how to start a fire so we could cook this sh#t."

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
LOL, best response to that image possible Mike.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I need eye bleach!

I find it difficult to understand why someone would want to modify a vehicle to be less. Less what you ask? I'm glad you did, let me tell you. Less attractive for starters. Now this is a subjective quality, but there are some universal standards of beauty. This is a look that will not age well, and before long it will be just as tasteless as louvered back windows, or naked lady murals on the side of a van. It's also less effective for what the part is intended to be. It clearly blocks some access to the radiator meaning that cooling efficiency is likely to suffer, and it covers part of the headlight and may also block more of where the beam projects out. The only possible advantage of using this grill is to let everyone who sees it, know that you lack sense and style, so that they can stay away.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.... it will be just as tasteless as louvered back windows, ....
LOL, I kept louvers rolling well beyond the 80's. Had to custom make them, but they were a hit.... hmmmm.... with the 40+ crowd. Guess we haven't aged well either.

15 8-21 (22) resize.jpg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, I kept louvers rolling well beyond the 80's. Had to custom make them, but they were a hit.... hmmmm.... with the 40+ crowd. Guess we haven't aged well either.

15 8-21 (22) resize.jpg
OK, we are clearly in the same age bracket because I loved them as a kid. I had them on my first car, a 1982 Datsun 200SX hatchback with black aluminum louvers.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
LOL, yeah I wanted an IrocZ with louvers (my buddy had one), but it was out of my price range at the time. As you can tell I never fully moved on, so I made them for my Charger.

So to segue back to the topic of the thread. I got a little creative with some photo editing (I'm not the best with it, but I do okay).
I edited that grille onto my Jeep. But to give it more of a Jeep look I "painted" every other slot making it a more traditional 7 slot design. I still don't hate it. It still needs something, like maybe a steel bumper with a winch, but it's not bad.
Thoughts? Is it better this way, still an abomination, or somewhere in the middle?

grille chop 2.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Kinda has a Wagoneer feel to it that way.
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Fg5Ia7Sda0bo%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg
Sponsored