Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How far back does that whole cops at the donut shop go, would like to know how the story behind it got started.
Back when police started patrolling streets and highways there were few places during the late night to eat. Donut shops were usually open early so police congregated there. If I had the late, late shift there was only one place in the entire county open at 2:00 am. A restaurant on the west edge of the city. One time another deputy and I had lunch there at 2:00 am but there was no one there even though it was open. That's usually a bad sign but we found the waitress - back in the kitchen with the cook do something very unsanitary.
Sponsored

d1stance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2019 Audi Q7
Occupation
Business owner
I installed the MORE pedal. Not a fan. It is too small, too high off the floor. There is a big gap between pedal and side of car. Not comfortable at all. I fabricated a piece of aluminum and attached to the pedal to provide a larger surface. I find myself not using it as much as using it.

I would not buy it again.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought this. Also have the More pedal installed (or rather an amazon clone - specs appear identical). Definitely too short and doesn’t close the left gap enough.

Half an inch more to the left and an inch longer and it would be perfect (maybe decrease the angle a tad also, but that may just be related to current length)

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I have the MORE and I like it a lot, gives you another position for you left leg on a long drive. Once you get use to the design it feels natural. Seating position in the JL is more like a chair with legs down vs a sports car with you legs in front of you. The pedal has 3 adjustments so you can bring it closer to you, the middle setting is what I am using. Also gives me balance/leverage when going around a curve at a fast pace.

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I'd still be driving my JL without one. MORE pedal here too.

Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I see a lot of people posting about installing a "Dead Pedal". Does it add that much comfort? I'm driving an automatic, if that matters. I'm about to take a drive from New York to Florida.

Thanks.
Best mod you can do for long driving!

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
Idk about anyone else, but I also love mine for off roading and need to have a brace so I can get a better look at my surrounding from inside the jeep. It helps me push further back when I turn my body to look behind me and when I can't really see too well over the hood, I push a lot of weight on to it to get a little bit of extra look without worrying about my foot slipping on just the floor.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I see a lot of people posting about installing a "Dead Pedal". Does it add that much comfort? I'm driving an automatic, if that matters. I'm about to take a drive from New York to Florida.

Thanks.
If you're a drummer, it makes a great left kick drum pedal.My entire dash and console is a one huge drum set! Lol!

EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I installed the MORE pedal due to the hype. I find I have to remind myself it's there. I always put my foot on the floor near the seat. I think it might just depend on what you are used to. Prior to the Wrangler I had a pickup and put my foot in the same spot. Maybe if you are more accustomed to a reclined driving position it's more important. I don't know. Now that I have it, I could probably take it or leave it.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm still :surprised: about @Roky 's comment, that he uses his left foot to brake with when highway driving..

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
It looks like the bottom of the JeCar pedal fits tight against the carpet mat in the Amazon pics. Have you had any trouble getting your driver's side floor mats (carpet or all-season) in and out?

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It looks like the bottom of the JeCar pedal fits tight against the carpet mat in the Amazon pics. Have you had any trouble getting your driver's side floor mats (carpet or all-season) in and out?
You can easily just lift it up about an 1" and pull the carpet out. It becomes very routine when cleaning your Jeep.

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Thanks, good to know. I've put it on my list of goodies to consider once my JL arrives.