Sponsored

Differential oil change

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I would move on to a different sealant that has an "instant" seal. I end up using either teflon tape or Titeseal compound, which is non-hardening. Mainly, because that's always handy. I don't like putting in a pipe plug completely dry. Those things can get difficult to remove if installed dry.
Good advice... reality is, one of the main reasons for using Teflon tape, is as an aid to help prevent a froze plug / a plug that does not want to come loose.

My go to these days is Pink Teflon. Is not negatively impacted by the fluid and it is far denser then lats say yellow Teflon I used to use..
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had to LOL just now.... I have Valvoline 75/140 pouches being delivered today from Amazon.

SO, I just asked Alexa, "Where's my stuff" ...

.........Alexa replies /says ---> a package with gear oil will be delivered today by 9pm ..

....THEN ---> she goes on to tell me that it is recommended to remove the fill plug on the differential before removing the drain plug... she says this info was based on a customer review..

Even Alexa is spewing diff fluid replacement hints...

wreck99

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon, 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn
Clubs

Had to LOL just now.... I have Valvoline 75/140 pouches being delivered today from Amazon.

.........Alexa replies /says ---> a package with gear oil will be delivered today by 9pm ..

....THEN ---> she goes on to tell me that it is recommended to remove the fill plug on the differential before removing the drain plug... she says this info was based on a customer review..

LOL that's awesome! Way to go Alexa.

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

If only Alexa could answer all the Jeep JL battery related questions from this forum with brevity and clarity, that would be something 🤓

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If only Alexa could answer all the Jeep JL battery related questions from this forum with brevity and clarity, that would be something 🤓
@Jebiruph did this long ago..

Yes, the forum these days is flooded with many many pure crapola, dual battery related posts..

Sponsored

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

@Jebiruph did this long ago..

Yes, the forum these days is flooded with many many dual battery related pure crapola posts..

Yes that was my sarcastic point. A few people including you have answered correctly and repeatedly before the new wave of self appointed ”exspurts” arrived.

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd

Ha! For a second I thought you were going to say that she then went on to recommend Amsoil! 🤔 🤣

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha! For a second I thought you were going to say that she then went on to recommend Amsoil! 🤔 🤣
Nah.... Alexa is a smart gal..

LOL .... Ask Alexa this exactly --> "Alexa How many quarts does a Wrangler JL use"

I even have an Alexa in my JL, in my shop, all around the house... :like:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Mine simply says "cannot connect to the internet"

Jeep Wrangler JL Differential oil change tin-foil-hat-3
Sponsored