Sponsored

Difference between the V8 vs V6 radiator ? Is it interchangeable?

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
You aren't going to blow head gaskets from having a slightly elevated operating temperature. You blow head gaskets by warping the head due to severe overheating.
these are 40 degree cycles i'm talking about ..to add to it ...an aluminum engine..I grant u that its not severe overheating, but it is overheating to a certain effect . Other makes don't cycle as much and it shows with their reliability record hint ..honda
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
these are 40 degree cycles i'm talking about ..to add to it ...an aluminum engine..I grant u that its not severe overheating, but it is overheating to a certain effect . Other makes don't cycle as much and it shows with their reliability record hint ..honda
The pentastar is easily as reliable as Honda's J series V6's, and you don't have to deal with timing belts.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The pentastar is easily as reliable as Honda's J series V6's, and you don't have to deal with timing belts.
True. The Japanese cars (Toyota) don’t have much, if any, quality edge anymore. Consumer Reports will never tell you that though. lol

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
True. The Japanese cars (Toyota) don’t have much, if any, quality edge anymore. Consumer Reports will never tell you that though. lol
Idk, I wouldn't let someone I care about drive a chevrolet.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Idk, I wouldn't let someone I care about drive a chevrolet.
But even Hyundai has gotten better. The bar has been raised…for most. There are outliers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
yes the timing belt is a big shortfall I agree. But hondas temp swing is nowhere as noticeable unless something is wrong. But it is just a general comparison because toyota . audis, ...mostly foreigns don't run on this type of parameters. American cars don't control their temps that well. to add to this ..over my lifetime of car ownership of both american and foreign it was the american cars that that usually needed the head gasket replacement ... never once on a foreign model.

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
That 4.0 4runner engine is considered outdated but frankly it has smoother acceleration the p.star .. of course it has some shortcomings but over all I truly think it will outlast the p.star in durability. Especially when it comes to head gaskets.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Looks like the 392 Hemi and the 3.0 diesel use the same radiator...I pulled a VIN from a 392 window sticker to look up radiator and showed part number 68481174AA, this same PN is also listed for the 3.0 diesel. Still cannot find any specs on it or how it differs from the radiator on the 3.6.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
yes the timing belt is a big shortfall I agree. But hondas temp swing is nowhere as noticeable unless something is wrong. But it is just a general comparison because toyota . audis, ...mostly foreigns don't run on this type of parameters. American cars don't control their temps that well. to add to this ..over my lifetime of car ownership of both american and foreign it was the american cars that that usually needed the head gasket replacement ... never once on a foreign model.
You must not have ever had a Subaru.

The only American built car I have ever seen a blown head gasket on that wasn’t caused by owner neglect (zero coolant in engine) was a very worn out Ford Taurus that was parked for several years and began leaking externally.

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
You must not have ever had a Subaru.

The only American built car I have ever seen a blown head gasket on that wasn’t caused by owner neglect (zero coolant in engine) was a very worn out Ford Taurus that was parked for several years and began leaking externally.
U must ask urself why there was no coolant in the first place . Yes there could be leaks in the cooling system( I take it u mean this)...but the reason this could have also happened due to the head gasket itself.. It not like coolant suddenly just evaporates. I've seen plenty of american cars have head gasket replacements before their time and 3.0 ford was definitely one of them. The chrysler 2.5 inline was another. These literally were plagued with this with almost every example.
Heads were so porous that there were literally cavernous holes on head to block mating surface. Lifting them of the block made u worry if they wont fold under their own weight. Made in Mexico when u look at the stamp ...no surprises there.
Chevys 350 ?? Also U bet . That's not say the Japs never had any problems either ..but it was definitely the Turbo cars that usually had issues like this .

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Looks like the 392 Hemi and the 3.0 diesel use the same radiator...I pulled a VIN from a 392 window sticker to look up radiator and showed part number 68481174AA, this same PN is also listed for the 3.0 diesel. Still cannot find any specs on it or how it differs from the radiator on the 3.6.
Thanks .. this is good to know
Sponsored