www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Thankfully my Sprinter was able to donate a few parts; Warn Zeon 12-S Platinum winch...
Getting the winch in there sucked. The 12-S is so damn big it was virtually impossible to get to the inner bumper bolts. I couldn’t get a socket to fit. I had to unbolt the winch from the plate so I could shift it from side to side while tightening up the bumper. Was more than a pain in the ass than I wanted it to be.
Those Zeon's are big boys alright... I just had grind a half inch off each frame horn flange to get my Zeon 12 in. Even then it took some Vasoline, a shoe horn and dead-blow hammer to get it in. You can barely fit a sheet of paper between the fascia and the winch. But it fits. And it's not something I'm worried about someone ever stealing.
Sponsored

JCarlos

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s eco diesel
Finally got started on the Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5” suspension install. Had to get a bit creative as my front shocks have not arrived yet, and won’t until May. I’m using a Teraflex extension on the lower shock mount in the interim. I got through most of the front today. I‘m going to have to stop by harbor freight tomorrow to get a grinder to radius the window on the axle side track bar mount.

I was a bit surprised to see some rust on the oe track bar bushings on a car that only has 4k miles. Another thing I couldn’t get over was a fairly strong fuel smell under the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 46FB133F-A287-435F-89E0-0A6B43D7CE54

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 46FB133F-A287-435F-89E0-0A6B43D7CE54

Just a wee bit of a fender gap. I wish I had taken some before measurements. Also, I’m going to stick with the Blizzaks until ski season is over and then move over to the MTs.
Question, what happened to the tires from the original post?

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Question, what happened to the tires from the original post?
I don’t trust AT or MT tires on icy roads. You can see what happened to my Sprinter on KO2s in the first post. I’m keeping the Blizzaks on for the next few weeks, until I get tied to my desk in warmer climates doing taxes (I’m a cpa). I’ll swap over to the Patagonias in early March.

OE wheels and studless snowes will be my winter setup and the KMCs and MTs will be my three season setup.

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build IMG_7540.JPEG

Blizzaks for the win! The Jeep was a champ this week with the insane snowfall in Tahoe.

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build IMG_7573.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build IMG_7570.JPEG

Our roof shed and full on buried the car. It was essentially encapsulated in compressed snow (underneath too). I tried to drive it out but was only able to move it about 6". Thank goodness for a winch! If I hadn't winched out it would have taken hours to dig this thing out. Now bracing for another 6-7' by Wednesday.

On a side note I did install the @TeraFlex Alpha HD tire carrier kit. No pics, because it's, well, a hinge. The process was smooth except finding a T55 for the hinge bolts and this stupid thing supplied with the kit...

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 1677521157718

I don't know what it was but this thing was too short or something. I got it in smoothly but on opening the tailgut fully it pulled out of the rollers. Lucky for me I didn't notice it and it bent into a tangled mess when closing. Not sure if I can just use the OE part or what. I did contact support and was basically told I f-ed up the install and I can order a new one after spending $1,400. Great 🙄!

Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
IMG_7540.JPEG

Blizzaks for the win! The Jeep was a champ this week with the insane snowfall in Tahoe.

IMG_7573.JPEG

IMG_7570.JPEG

Our roof shed and full on buried the car. It was essentially encapsulated in compressed snow (underneath too). I tried to drive it out but was only able to move it about 6". Thank goodness for a winch! If I hadn't winched out it would have taken hours to dig this thing out. Now bracing for another 6-7' by Wednesday.

On a side note I did install the @TeraFlex Alpha HD tire carrier kit. No pics, because it's, well, a hinge. The process was smooth except finding a T55 for the hinge bolts and this stupid thing supplied with the kit...

1677521157718.png

I don't know what it was but this thing was too short or something. I got it in smoothly but on opening the tailgut fully it pulled out of the rollers. Lucky for me I didn't notice it and it bent into a tangled mess when closing. Not sure if I can just use the OE part or what. I did contact support and was basically told I f-ed up the install and I can order a new one after spending $1,400. Great 🙄!
Sorry to see the detent arm install gave you issues! It can be a tricky install; if the detent rollers shift or move while inserting the arm, it can cause the arm act as if it's too short, which can cause to pop out and potentially get damaged. If you'd like, shoot us a direct PM on here with your info and I'll get a new detent arm heading your way.

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Sorry to see the detent arm install gave you issues! It can be a tricky install; if the detent rollers shift or move while inserting the arm, it can cause the arm act as if it's too short, which can cause to pop out and potentially get damaged. If you'd like, shoot us a direct PM on here with your info and I'll get a new detent arm heading your way.
Thanks! Will reach out.

I actually had some experience with the detent as I got about half way through the install and found I didn't have a t55. I had to abort the install and put the OE detent back on. Really had no issues with it. I figured I was a seasoned detent pro! I guess not...

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build D582E042-F872-4C56-9CAC-2D87145898DF

Fronts showed up. Time to get this wrapped.

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 9B19D606-5971-4062-BFDE-BE0BFC9FBC5A

Started easy with the wheels and then it rained and hailed. So, another day I guess.

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 50A497FB-610A-45E8-9354-69DBD393D3FA

Snow and ice following me everywhere. Can’t say this was fun in a Tesla on performance tires.

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 8B0C34C0-2AF0-40F4-A697-639D853387DA

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 439B85D0-D848-4E06-9999-B7811B9E3041

Woot! 95% wrapped. The 5% will need to wait until I build a garage or it stops raining. Got absolutely soaked getting the front shocks in. Need to install the front outboard shock brackets and the rear DB3 rear control armcorrection bracket.

Better pics coming soon!

Last edited:

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build 439B85D0-D848-4E06-9999-B7811B9E3041

Woot! 95% wrapped. The 5% will need to wait until I build a garage or it stops raining. Got absolutely soaked getting the front shocks in. Need to install the front outboard shock brackets and the rear DB3 rear control armcorrection bracket.

Better pics coming soon!
Looks amazing! I may have missed it, but I’m assuming you went with the 3.5” springs, correct?

Sponsored

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Ok, I've been living with the MC gamechanger 3.5" lift kit for the last few weeks. Loving the ride quality from a comfort standpoint and adjustability of the Fox DSC 2.5s with Accutune adventure tune. It's firm but not harsh. However, I can't say I'm thrilled with the on road handling. I know I don't have a racecar on my hands, but I'm getting weird steering inputs.

The biggest issue I'm getting is what I feel is bumpsteer. They way it exhibits for me is in a solid state turn where there is a mid-corner bump the jeep instantly goes into understeer. I don't really understand this as my thinking is the trackbar and draglink should move the same distance when the suspension moves so that the front wheels shouldn't be steered by bumps. Both the draglink and the trackbar seem relatively flat, so the axle shouldn't move all that much as the suspension cycles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build IMG_7920.JPEG

Axle is centered and I have set the alignment with an 1/8" toe in and caster is at 7*. After talking with MC and Accutune I've played with tire pressure and dampening with no fix. This did in fact happen with my small winter tire setup and the 38's. So, I don't think tires are the issue. I'm planning on going back in and loosening up all the control arms and track bar and re-torquing to see if that helps.

Anyone have thoughts on a highsteer kit? A number of members and MC have said it's not necessary. I really wish I had measured the before and after height change on the lift. From what I can see from other threads is that the 3.5" 4xe lift kit yields a real world lift of 4-4.25". I think that puts me right in the wheelhouse of using a highsteer kit. I purchased a RC kit and trying to weigh the pros and cons of going this way.

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Also, wanted to say thankyou to @TeraFlex for the help with the detent related to the Alpha HD tire carrier. They sent out a new one but that one also seemed too short. Turns out the rollers that accept the detent can be out of alignment. If this happens the detent will be fully ejected and seem too short. You need to make sure that the detent rollers are parallel before getting the detent back into position.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I've been living with the MC gamechanger 3.5" lift kit for the last few weeks. Loving the ride quality from a comfort standpoint and adjustability of the Fox DSC 2.5s with Accutune adventure tune. It's firm but not harsh. However, I can't say I'm thrilled with the on road handling. I know I don't have a racecar on my hands, but I'm getting weird steering inputs.

The biggest issue I'm getting is what I feel is bumpsteer. They way it exhibits for me is in a solid state turn where there is a mid-corner bump the jeep instantly goes into understeer. I don't really understand this as my thinking is the trackbar and draglink should move the same distance when the suspension moves so that the front wheels shouldn't be steered by bumps. Both the draglink and the trackbar seem relatively flat, so the axle shouldn't move all that much as the suspension cycles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build IMG_7920.JPEG

Axle is centered and I have set the alignment with an 1/8" toe in and caster is at 7*. After talking with MC and Accutune I've played with tire pressure and dampening with no fix. This did in fact happen with my small winter tire setup and the 38's. So, I don't think tires are the issue. I'm planning on going back in and loosening up all the control arms and track bar and re-torquing to see if that helps.

Anyone have thoughts on a highsteer kit? A number of members and MC have said it's not necessary. I really wish I had measured the before and after height change on the lift. From what I can see from other threads is that the 3.5" 4xe lift kit yields a real world lift of 4-4.25". I think that puts me right in the wheelhouse of using a highsteer kit. I purchased a RC kit and trying to weigh the pros and cons of going this way.
What is caster set at, and how many clicks are you running on the Steering stabilizer ?

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

What is caster set at, and how many clicks are you running on the Steering stabilizer ?
Caster is at 7* and the stabilizer is at 14-15 clicks out from full soft (I think 24 clicks total).
Sponsored