swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any good facebook groups or similar? currently dont use slack, but if thats only option I can join.

About to relocate from Phoenix area to Fort Collins so will want to start exploring as soon as we get there (or sooner). I am familiar with the San Juans area, but open to go anywhere.
Unfortunately I'm the opposite and don't have a facebook so I use slack/discord for these groups. There aren't many, the crowd generally skewers differently (and more in the facebook user direction). I know there are a bunch of COlorado FB groups I just can't throw you any links to them.

Grab the funtreks.com GPS maps
Sponsored

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - 3.6l Auto - Stingrey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Do you any good discord servers for jeep runs in the Denver/Springs area? I just moved down here and we used Discord for everything in the northwest.
Not aware of any discords, I'd prefer that. There already arent many people in the slack. Most Jeepers aren't really discord-aged or technology savvy like that.

backs1de

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - 3.6l Auto - Stingrey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Biomed Engineer
Clubs

Not aware of any discords, I'd prefer that. There already arent many people in the slack. Most Jeepers aren't really discord-aged or technology savvy like that.
that's exactly why I liked it lol, I will have to make one for the area I guess.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
that's exactly why I liked it lol, I will have to make one for the area I guess.
Throw it in or PM when ya do. I'm actually thinking of moving the other way to Washington but it wouldn't be till next year. Not the main reason but I don't want to drive off the edge of cliffs, I miss the Hoh.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Finally got my rig back after far too long in the shop only to realize this saturday and Oct 15 are the only chances I have to get out for the remainder of the likely season. Anyone have something planned that would be semi close and kid friendly?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Finally got my rig back after far too long in the shop only to realize this saturday and Oct 15 are the only chances I have to get out for the remainder of the likely season. Anyone have something planned that would be semi close and kid friendly?
Where are you located? I was wanting to head out someplace early(ish) Saturday but all my normal guys I wheel with are out for one reason or another.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I'm down this Saturday!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mgg253

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I’ll be hitting the trails this weekend… but maybe in a little different capacity 🎿⛷

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Any thoughts on where? I wonder what's still open.
Switzerland trail is super popular in winter. It’s great for snow wheeling and boring otherwise. There is one hill climb that’s pretty fun in the snow. Only 2 of 5 of us made it up last time. My JLUR and a Colorado ZR2. I think it’s called gold hill.

Do you use trailsoffroad.com? They will usually be pretty up to date on trail conditions and if it’s open or impassible. To me, getting stuck and recoveries are 1/2 the fun of winter wheeling.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I'm still looking for a house in Fort Collins, as of now we hope to move in January. I'll for sure be up to join whatever the majority are using to organize runs. I still have a Facebook "group" as well we could cross post on to reach more as well.

Four Corners off-road adventures
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fourcornersoffroadadventures
There is also overlandbound.com and there are several Telegram chat groups if you have that app. Also look at frontrange4x4.com, another good group. I’m 20min East of Fort Collins in Severance.

If you move to FoCo, get Connexion! I helped build that. 😁

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Ohhh
I don't know if you ever made a Colorado discord server, but I'd love to get in on it if you did.
Sponsored