Sponsored

Dead Pedals

Booker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
Valid point and I did think about the limited space and being able to stretch your foot out.

So question for the quadratic guys, can you lift the pedal up while driving for a bit then push it back down. Even though it looks like from pic.s that there is room to maybe get your foot in between the pedal and brake pedal to stretch out for a bit.
I'm 6'2 and have never felt like my left leg is cramped with the quadratec pedal. If I need to stretch my leg, I just move my foot higher up on the pedal.
Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 JLUXR
We offer an all aluminum Dead Pedal, with a little extra! You can add an "Old School" floor dimmer switch to the pedal to control off-road lights or a momentary switch to control items such as an air horn. The pedal works as a great dead pedal but also is great for backroad driving. Keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel! No more fumbling for a switch to turn on your lights when needed.

https://www.813fabrication.com/shop

Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-01.jpg

Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-05.jpg

Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-08.jpg

Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-13.jpg

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
OK - you love having a dead pedal because it improves the comfort of your driving experience. But what kills the comfort experience is having that door harness rubbing against your calf. I use a bungee cord to keep it out of the way. I like the bungees that have all plastic hardware so that it doesn’t damage the surfaces where it is hooked.

62FB3EF4-BC30-4332-AC06-D38DB57846D8.jpeg

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
It’s not hard to do. It just takes time (4 hours for me). You have to remove the interior trim pieces because the Armorlite goes under the trim just like the carpet does. Once the trim is off, taking out the old carpet and putting in the Armorlite is easy.

There are a few threads in here where people have more detailed reviews on the whole thing if you search Armorlite. Overall, I love it and would not have a Jeep without it.
Cool thanks for the feedback. Will put the Armorlite on my potentials list. Maybe at minimum I'll see if I can do a mini carpet teardown without as much effort, just removing the parts under the front all weather mats for now. If not, on the even longer to-do list... 😰

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
OK - you love having a dead pedal because it improves the comfort of your driving experience. But what kills the comfort experience is having that door harness rubbing against your calf. I use a bungee cord to keep it out of the way. I like the bungees that have all plastic hardware so that it doesn’t damage the surfaces where it is hooked.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedals 62FB3EF4-BC30-4332-AC06-D38DB57846D8
Have I got a solution for you! So, grab a pack of small bungie cords (like these Amazon bungie cords). Then, hook it up like in the pic below. It doesn't interfere with the door closing, it's invisible when they are closed, and it holds the harness off your leg. .

Bungie Jeep.jpg

Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
I've been back and forth on whether I need a dead pedal. I haven't driven mine a long distance yet, but for the month now that I've owned mine, I haven't noticed the lack of it.

However, I have the Quadratec one on my list of parts to order, so at some point I definitely thought I'd need it lol

Also, really like the bungee ideas to get that door harness out of the way.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Have I got a solution for you! So, grab a pack of small bungie cords (like these Amazon bungie cords). Then, hook it up like in the pic below. It doesn't interfere with the door closing, it's invisible when they are closed, and it holds the harness off your leg. .

Bungie Jeep.jpg
Cool. Does it scrape the paint?

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
The MORE pedal has been great for me with my long ass legs and size 11 shoes for over 10k miles now. It's great. Definitely doesn't feel too small whatsoever.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Cool. Does it scrape the paint?
At the top part, yeah a little. Had it on there a year, and it's created a little groove. I should probably put a bit of rubber hose over it or something, but I figure a little white paint when I go to sell it and no one will ever notice.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Dead Pedals should be Factory equipment
No.

During my first test drive, I was pleased to discover that the JL-generation Wrangler doesn't have a dead pedal installed at Toledo.

Being long of leg, I've not yet owned a vehicle with a factory dead pedal that didn't force me to rest my left foot at a mildly unnatural angle. All have been non-adjustable, and are usually positioned so far forward, to accommodate the midgets, that driving becomes uncomfortable after just a few miles. I've destroyed at least one just in the process of removing it, which apparently wasn't something Honda thought its customers would or should do.

Let those who want a dead pedal, add one, on their dime. That's a proven M.O. for everything else that we willingly bolt to our Jeeps, so this shouldn't be any different. :beer:

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
No.

During my first test drive, I was pleased to discover that the JL-generation Wrangler doesn't have a dead pedal installed at Toledo.

Being long of leg, I've not yet owned a vehicle with a factory dead pedal that didn't force me to rest my left foot at a mildly unnatural angle. All have been non-adjustable, and are usually positioned so far forward, to accommodate the midgets, that driving becomes uncomfortable after just a few miles. I've destroyed at least one just in the process of removing it, which apparently wasn't something Honda thought its customers would or should do.

Let those who want a dead pedal, add one, on their dime. That's a proven M.O. for everything else that we willingly bolt to our Jeeps, so this shouldn't be any different. :beer:
I agree with it not being a factory installed item, they’d find a way to jack it up. It is very nice to have though, pairs well with seat jackers if you’re tall and big footed.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I agree with it not being a factory installed item, they’d find a way to jack it up. It is very nice to have though, pairs well with seat jackers if you’re tall and big footed.
I installed a pair of fixed front Seat Jackers, and they were transformative in a good way. I grumbled a bit at their price, but I figured it was a fair trade-off for not having to pay for standard power seats that might've had that integrated feature. Or not.

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
I just installed the Quadratec dead pedal and while I haven't driven it yet, I can tell that this is going to be a great addition to my Jeep. Although the install couldn't have been easier, getting the nut off under the dash was a bitch. I couldn't get under the dash enough to get any leverage on it and it was on tight! Finally that 20" ratchet extension that I bought years ago paid off. I knew it would come in handy some day. My only complaint is that it is unpainted aluminum so I had to spend some time spray painting it so it blends in. Next up is to install the seat jackers.