Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The wife ran across this……..Colby, before she was the Jeep cat ……..already had the attitude though…..

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 3D54CBAE-1C6F-4E88-956B-524A0A732788

for those of you that don’t know, Colby is the real owner /mechanic of the Crystal Rubi, I’m just the stupid human that types shit on the forum………. 🥴

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 250AEA9D-A223-40D0-BEA5-513997134027
Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 099FAFCB-EABF-458E-868A-587E9A1F63CC
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
At one of my test facilities……. 😁
I’m chasing this clunk, I think I know where it’s coming from not 100 percent sure….. my rear control arms that were hitting the body mount bolts is now smacking the body mount housing, after I clearanced the bolt ……. but I’m not convinced that’s the noise I’m hearing…….

here’s pic of arm hitting housing, and the bolt clearanced. The part that has me doubting it is, when the ass end comes down in that hole the rear wheel stuffs again and I don’t hear anything….. it almost sounds like the electro disconnect, but we drive around all day with it disconnected, unless it’s grabbing inside there somehow.

Gonna go back out try unhooking links, then try more bump stop in the rear, maybe put a piece of rubber around the arm see what happens…..

In the meantime, does it sound familiar to y’all ??

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 05E6C639-F7DD-440C-A324-12FC12A74BC8

Jeep Wrangler JL Crystal Rubi build… 957DF5F4-79D3-4BB5-AEF8-18748A0B2B54

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m with you. The noise is coming from front. It definitely sounds like something grabs then releases. I know your springs are perfectly straight, but sounds like upper bump housing grabbing spring then releasing because of the off camber drop. I know you had noise at one time coming from elec disconnect, do you think it could be getting more worn and now being a little more sloppy and binding up?

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m with you. The noise is coming from front. It definitely sounds like something grabs then releases. I know your springs are perfectly straight, but sounds like upper bump housing grabbing spring then releasing because of the off camber drop. I know you had noise at one time coming from elec disconnect, do you think it could be getting more worn and now being a little more sloppy and binding up?
Don’t know, maybe, I’ll know for sure this weekend, I’m gonna unhook the links and leave disco connected, that should rule it out or force me into Antirocks, lol….😅

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t know, maybe, I’ll know for sure this weekend, I’m gonna unhook the links and leave disco connected, that should rule it out or force me into Antirocks, lol….😅
What’s crazy is not even a squeak of any type from the suspension articulating that much just that. Usually in vids flexing like that, you hear all kinds of racket lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What’s crazy is not even a squeak of any type from the suspension articulating that much just that. Usually in vids flexing like that, you hear all kinds of racket lol
Yeah, welcome to long arm wheeling, lol. Effortless articulation…..I hate squeaks and clunks. It’s not as bad when you know what it is, lol. Like my track bar smacks my stabilizer on top of the head when full lock turn and stuffed. But it’s a rare occasion , so it doesn’t bother me, lol.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, welcome to long arm wheeling, lol. Effortless articulation…..I hate squeaks and clunks. It’s not as bad when you know what it is, lol. Like my track bar smacks my stabilizer on top of the head when full lock turn and stuffed. But it’s a rare occasion , so it doesn’t bother me, lol.
Definitely looks effortless 👍🏻. Well, if you change over steering like you are thinking then something else will prob interfere lol. Looks good just like it is.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Could be the front axle control arm bushings? I know you went back to stock but mine sounded like that before I replaced them. And they were completely torn when replaced.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Could be the front axle control arm bushings? I know you went back to stock but mine sounded like that before I replaced them. And they were completely torn when replaced.
Good call…… I haven’t gone to Oems yet, I rebuilt the driver side and passenger was still tight , so I let it be for now. But, the passenger is probably giving up the ghost now too. ……. Thought I was gonna be able to get back out to my test facility, but fucking work is getting in the way. Can’t find anyone who wants to work anymore, freaking ridiculous, and seems to be getting worse…..:facepalm:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Good call…… I haven’t gone to Oems yet, I rebuilt the driver side and passenger was still tight , so I let it be for now. But, the passenger is probably giving up the ghost now too. ……. Thought I was gonna be able to get back out to my test facility, but fucking work is getting in the way. Can’t find anyone who wants to work anymore, freaking ridiculous, and seems to be getting worse…..:facepalm:
Yeah I’m in Germany right now…. They have the same challenges - about 20% of the workforce is gone. Many older folks with lots of knowledge and skill that not so easy to replace quickly. Plus the locals won’t work overtime or weekends and have employee councils to ensure this doesn’t change.

So I’m over here doing 14 hours a day 7 days a week for another 2 weeks. Just finished a 14 hour Saturday, had a good beer and bratwurst for dinner and now catching up on Jeep forum before bed — and doing it again tomorrow.

Sponsored

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
This is a great build and a lot of what you have done is what I have been planning for my 2022!! I'll be refering to this thread quite a bit!!

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great build and a lot of what you have done is what I have been planning for my 2022!! I'll be refering to this thread quite a bit!!
Thank you……. Reach out anytime….