Cracked Windshield Club

OH Bandit

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 23 Jeep JT Willys
Question for someone who got a replacement. Do the new ones have the suction cup marks??? If they don't, a replacement is not such a bad thing.
My new glass did not have the suction cup marks.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Last edited:

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for the answers. I read somewhere, here or Tesla forum, that some come from the factory that way. Especially when the marks are on the inside not the outside. I watched the Wrangler assembly video that shows the round suction cups holding the outside of the window though.
I probably won't wait as long for replacement if the crop circles go away. After all it is usually only broken on the outside.
Model 3 Tesla's have a different version of the crop circles.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
They usually aren’t visible on the Jeep until the windshield fogs up, or gets extremely dirty.

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Question for someone who got a replacement. Do the new ones have the suction cup marks??? If they don't, a replacement is not such a bad thing.
My replacement has the suction cup marks (safelite tech said they come from the windshield manufacturing process which also uses robots). It also has 4 very tiny stone chips again already. Hoping they don’t decide to expand into a crack. The glass they’re using for these windshields sucks.

Sponsored

M1911a1fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU RUBICON , 2021 JT MOJAVE
Occupation
BMW Service Director
New member of this group, victim of pothole chunks here in Michigan. Not the club I wanna be in, 4653 miles on it before the impact, I guess I did good

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t absolutely count on the glass being right by the vin., heck it took Jeep two tries to get me the correct owners manual using the vin. And all jls have the same pattern for the windshield.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
After 2200 miles and just over 2 months I joined today. Lots of stuff on the roads from potholes/grit/salt.

My Acura RDX has 80,000 miles, and is on its 3rd windshield (I replaced the first one on that after about 6 months.) I think Safelite is going to get to know me well.

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
BLUF: Ask your insurance agents what the increase in premium is to lower your deductibles!

I became a member of this thread last Saturday :(. I have 4 vehicles covered by Allstate. 3 of them had $50 deductible comprehensive and the 4th for some reason had a $500 deductible. I had him run the numbers to make it $0 deductible for all 4 cars. The increase in premium to drop all 4 cars to the $0 deductible came out to be $26 dollars for all 4 (for the 6 month term). If I would have done this earlier it would have paid for itself for a year with just one replaced windshield with even the low $50 deductible. Also, my agent noted that Allstates comprehensive covers things like Deer Strikes which is good considering I live in Ohio.

Scuba Camper

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Not the club I was hoping to join. Traveling north on hwy 10 with a jeep full of Boy Scouts we were tutored in how not to drive by Fred's Towing out of Steven's Point, WI. Driver was clearly texting as he swerved on to the shoulder sending a rock into the Silver (billet) Surfer's windshield. Then to add insult I find out the wife thought it smart to save $24 a year by not opting for windshield coverage.

Anyway, could be worse, Happy to join such an esteemed group.
20190211_141810.jpg

Sponsored

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Joined this club recently myself. 2 days ago coming home fm a jeep run. Mrs thought ahead and got us glass replacement. Gonna call today to get it scheduled.

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
took a small rock to the upper right side of windshield on the way home from work, next morning its 12" long straight down, come out of work and its turned 90 degrees to the drivers side and 2/3 the way across now. grrrrr over $600 estimate from the safelite website....

insane.

$$

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly believe a mfg would have a good business if they offered thicker JL windshields. They just glue in, there’s nothing really touching it so no reason it couldn’t be thicker. Other than the 19 with acc, there’s really nothing special about the windshield.

toeshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Don’t absolutely count on the glass being right by the vin., heck it took Jeep two tries to get me the correct owners manual using the vin. And all jls have the same pattern for the windshield.
True. I got a cracked windshield at 800 miles and grew tired of explaining to everyone I called that there were two 2018 versions. The company I went with said they’d go off the VIN and they still showed up with a JK windshield. He showed me the app they used and it was wrong.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
i saw the Fastlane youtube 'response' to litebright top 5 things they hate, and well crack windshield was 1 of those, and the jeep guy pretty much said the old 'within spec' yet how can so many get the issue if there is no problem? i don't get it. anyways, that my rant :D
Sponsored