First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
2 weeks, 600 miles, and I have about 1/2" crack! The CLUB IS REAL!

LHuffman47

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
It was All Star Glass. They have a presence in the southwest (CA, AZ, NV, TX)
I went to their website, and its saying $514, did you call them or was it all through online?

Powerwagon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1982 Jeep CJ5, 2017 Powerwagon
Just got my 2nd. windshield at 11,400 mi. on 2019 JLR running down the interstate from Flagstaff,AZ. to DFW. Might let this one ride for a while I can't stand the thought of replacing again. I don't mind the cost with my low deductible its finding an installer that wont scratch the paint around the frame or tear more stuff up. I've seen some pretty bad install's before so now I watch them like a hawk. If I can not watch the installation I walk away and take my business somewhere else.

Sponsored

Salt1972

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD + 2016 JKU
Made just over 2k miles and then took a doozy. I'll read through the thread, but what's the best replacement option?

Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club 6lzmdUBITSC1xP9rY6cHWw

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
@Salt1972 As far as I've seen it's OEM. There's apparently some aftermarket windshields that are more robust but haven't really nailed down manufacturer and or installer.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Made just over 2k miles and then took a doozy. I'll read through the thread, but what's the best replacement option?
I'd say Safelite Auto Glass. They usually can get the needed Acoustic glass (I believe they still only offer OEM windshield) within a day of your calling. Let them know what year your JL is, and how it is equipped.

There is a difference between JL's. Certain factory options see a JL that has a replacement windshield with 2 wires coming out of it. You can use that windshield on a JL that doesn't need the wires but then you have to look at the wires so to speak.

Any Safelite Auto Glass is very good. Just one of many. No, I would not let dealer do it.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I wonder if the windshield frames on some JL's are warped or warping and putting unnecessary tension on the glass. I'm over a year and 15k on mine and have taken some big rocks without so much as a blemish, and some peoples seem to crack if you look at them wrong.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'd say Safelite Auto Glass. They usually can get the needed Acoustic glass (I believe they still only offer OEM windshield) within a day of your calling. Let them know what year your JL is, and how it is equipped.

There is a difference between JL's. Certain factory options see a JL that has a replacement windshield with 2 wires coming out of it. You can use that windshield on a JL that doesn't need the wires but then you have to look at the wires so to speak.

Any Safelite Auto Glass is very good. Just one of many. No, I would not let dealer do it.
Safelite has a non-OEM windshield selection for JLs without collision avoidance systems. They also use OEM as a selection.

Sponsored

zeroquanta

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
Well.. Day 11, 597 miles on our 2020 Rubicon and we joined the club. Semi carrying a bulldozer launched it and smashed right in the center. I have to admit I did not expect the glass in a wrangler to be so expensive. Not the Jeep club I wanted to join.

SoCaliMommy

First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Joined it today when a semi driving in the other direction on a curve on the 2 lane hwy kicked up rock Mileage 20,2050 Only owner it since May .
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club E4655DBC-B3A6-4BA2-A652-8DB8DAF59062
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club E17C0021-A96D-4B47-9CBD-7C18DD941E47

travman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Wife's Sahara just joined the club. The dealer quoted me $1500 to replace it. I laughed - thought they we're joking. Is the glass made of gold? I'll have to use my insurance and pay the $500 deductable - but $1500???

jerry2334

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
New member here. Been lurking for a while. I just got my JL a few weeks ago.
Wanted to add myself as one of the elite members of this club, since mine, like a few others, cracked on the way home from the dealership. Less than 10 miles on the Jeep.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Was cleaning the bugs off my windshield last night and saw it.. in the lower passenger's side, chip and a couple small cracks going towards the edge; it's all contained in the black area, barely visible, so, I'd say I'm fortunate. I couldn't tell you how long ago it happened; I've had a couple impacts that didn't do anything, maybe that was one of them.

This makes me wonder.... That wide black band around the windshield could be covered with something rock-proof to at least minimize the potential contact area... A really thick vinyl wrap or an acrylic shield of some kind maybe.
Sponsored