I'm in. 2020 with 2600 miles.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club 20200530_181532
Sponsored

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am now a member of the cracked windshield club. Given the amount of cracks and reoccurrence on the OEM windshield, can others that have received an aftermarket windshield comment on if they think they are any better? I'd gladly give up the Jeep emblem in the corner for a windshield that can take a stone hit without immediately cracking.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

emmeg0414

First Name
Emme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I am now a member of the cracked windshield club. Given the amount of cracks and reoccurrence on the OEM windshield, can others that have received an aftermarket windshield comment on if they think they are any better? I'd gladly give up the Jeep emblem in the corner for a windshield that can take a stone hit without immediately cracking.
I have gone through four windshields in the past three years. When I went to the SEMA show last year in Las Vegas, I came across a company called Hyperformance Glass Products that sells Gorilla Glass Windshield. I was so impressed with them that I pre-ordered a windshield for my Wrangler. Check them out at: http://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/. If you pre-order now, you can get $100 off.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have gone through four windshields in the past three years. When I went to the SEMA show last year in Las Vegas, I came across a company called Hyperformance Glass Products that sells Gorilla Glass Windshield. I was so impressed with them that I pre-ordered a windshield for my Wrangler. Check them out at: http://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/. If you pre-order now, you can get $100 off.
As much as I like what I've read, $700-900 installed is more than I'm willing to gamble that these make a difference in real world use.

On the other end of the spectrum, I found an installation company would provide and install a JL windshield for less than $140. Safelite has come down around $100 (from around $500 to less than 400) in the past few months.

Sponsored

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
As much as I like what I've read, $700-900 installed is more than I'm willing to gamble that these make a difference in real world use.

On the other end of the spectrum, I found an installation company would provide and install a JL windshield for less than $140. Safelite has come down around $100 (from around $500 to less than 400) in the past few months.
Wow $140 is great, was that. a local company to you? I thought $210 was good. Yes Satellite quoted us $390 with the coupon they have available but that is still a ton of money for this.

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
What caliber was that bullet? LOL I thought mine was a hard hit. Jeeze, that must have been loud.
Your right. Whatever it was would have cracked the window in a armored truck.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
They offer both OEM Mopar and aftermarket.
Had mine replaced today actually. They set the appointment up real quick for aftermarket after i called and said i wanted OEM got the well... its on back order for 4+ weeks and i said idgaf my windshiled had been cracked (a lot) for a year now i will wait. All of the sudden two days later they found an OEM windshield! It was a miracle i guess? Lol! Bullshit safe lite didnt want to loose an insurance claim paid windshield replacement. So two days later they put the “williys” windshield in for me that was “on back order for”4+ weeks”.
Short version if you are doing an insurance claim replacement use sadelight they are awesome but if they try to slip the aftermarket glass in put the brakes on their ass. Also I called my insurance company (state farm) asked them about upping to windshield replacement and it cost me an extra $36/year and as long as i dont windshield claim more than twice a year there wont be an issue (that is what my agent told me). Basically one new windshield a year and back to the safe lite story when i called them and asked what was approved they told me State Farm approved the OEM... that is when i really lost my composure on safe lite - BUT! after threatening to cancel my appointment they found an OEM one in two days charged me nothing (zero deductible on windshields) and did an awesome job!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Wow $140 is great, was that. a local company to you? I thought $210 was good. Yes Satellite quoted us $390 with the coupon they have available but that is still a ton of money for this.
It was All Star Glass. They have a presence in the southwest (CA, AZ, NV, TX)

bburn2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited / 2008 Wrangler Unlimited
Picked up a rock over the weekend and got the windshield replaced on my 2019 JL @ 23Kmiles ..Surprisingly, I have over 130K miles on my 2008 JK and have never had to replace the windshield (knock on wood)...Safelite installed MOPAR windshield with the Jeep logo on the bottom right...$100 bucks later, it looks great!

Sponsored

toddinict

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Day 4 of ownership, 150 miles. Joining the club - with a TERRIBLE picture.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club 646FC34C-9F97-4B6E-B879-0CB5DE375E94

Tahoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
Vehicle Showcase
Can I save this without contacting insurance yet?

Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked Windshield Club 646FC34C-9F97-4B6E-B879-0CB5DE375E94
YES! Not sure if it’s too late. But get the RainX windshield repair kit. It’s good for up to like 30 windhsield repairs. Works amazing. I had the exact same type of chip and it filled it in. It’s not completely gone. It’s like $10 on amazon

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
25k miles. Time for 3rd windshield :)
Sponsored