Sponsored

Cracked side hard top glass!

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
Dealer ended up looking up the wrong glass so the original $160 turned into a $290 piece of glass. I ended up looking the part number up online and buying it from a Jeep dealer website for $180 plus $20 for shipping. Now I just need to find a place that can install it.
I replaced mine early this year. It was $100 CAD and I guess 2 door quarter panel is larger and more expensive. If you want to do it yourself let me know.

JoyfulTrees

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Are both of the cracked windows on this thread on white JLs? Just saying...
Yup. Mine is a 2018 JL 2 door. My local window repair guy quoted me the wrong price at first because he looked up the glass for a JK.

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 8.38.47 PM.png

Edit: I just realized you were mainly commenting on the white color, and not that they were both JLs. I'm a little hung up about car shops assuming my Jeep was a JK :blush:. But yeah, I just noticed both the jeeps here are white.

cluck2389

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S, 1996 Grand Cherokee
My hardtop window cracked earlier this year. My insurance wouldn't cover it, so I had to pay full. I took it to a local window repair shop and got quoted $450. They had to special order it from Jeep because there was no available generic window and only OEM. It took a week for it to get delivered to the shop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cracked side hard top glass! Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 8.38.47 PM
This is funny because earlier this year my side window delaminated somehow, and the dealer told me there was no factory Mopar option. This was on a brand-new top that I had ordered from them. They told me I had to order an aftermarket window, one thing lead to another, and I ended up getting a second brand new top.
Sponsored