Sponsored

Drive with hard top rear glass up?

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
I do it all the time around town when I've got my dog in the back. He developed a liking for hanging his head out the back when I used to have a 4Runner. I don't keep it open if I'm going to go on the highway or any real distance at speed.
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Jeep should really make that rear glass window REMOVABLE!!!

With the power sliding top, rear side window being removable, and (if only) rear window removable too it would be really awesome and innovative of Jeep. Only thing it would be missing is half doors (designed for hard top equipped jeeps) and Jeep would be really innovative and pave the future... but they are playing it safe in my opinion selling mostly hard tops (especially with the Gladiators).

I am really bummed that you can no longer get half doors. I’ll just have to stick to my 11 year old JK Rubicon Unlimited with half doors on 37s. I love that thing.
It is removable. Anything is removable if you are determined enough.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Why would you do that but leave the hard top on?
51t1Op%2BKYHL._SX425_.jpg
Uh, it's an active spoiler. Duh. When you finally get up to speed the wind lowers the glass to be level with the hardtop, this active spoiler.

ScooterJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep2019JL
There are a couple people in the town I live in that have their rear windshield on their hard top open all the time. I see the same few JLs and they always have their rear glass open. I don't get it unless you're hauling something longer that sticks out?
It feels good to have the wind going through cab/Jeep. I’m looking for piston locks to secure window. As far as exhaust gas fumes for the babies none at all. I have more exhaust driving behind a moron who doesn’t take care of his car or smog his car. When my front windows are open. Just want locks for my JL.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I wouldn't want to 'lock' that window in any way. There is no shock absorption. One pot hole and you risk cracking that glass. Just take the roof off or buy a soft top IMHO.
Sponsored