COVID and Soft tops

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@TEXGOAT

Apologies.

I can see who you take your marching orders from, and you seem to be quite the good trooper.

Congratulations on your seemingly perfect buy-in of political propaganda. It's too bad you decided to turn to politics when it comes to a virus that doesn't care what your affiliations are, but congratulations nonetheless. We all need something to make ourselves feel better.

In regards to what you've decided to not actually respond to, you demonstrated earlier by questioning somebody's age and intellectual ability that you clearly aren't here to discuss facts (facts seem to upset you, actually), so I wish you the best of luck wallowing in whatever right-wing nonsense you just threw at me. I'll take your half-hearted condolences for the dead and pass them along.

If you develop any thoughts of your own, feel free to PM me. Until then, I'm not really interested in bashing my head against a wall of Tucker Carlson talking points.
Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Took the Jeep on an hour cruise then went to dinner with the wife. Had a nice meal and a couple beers. I couldn't ask for more after a long week of work. Life's good.
Please tell me you had the top on and windows up.

A1C3C6BC-2949-4829-92B9-BBC80866E1AF.jpeg

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Please tell me you had the top on and windows up.

Jeep Wrangler JL COVID and Soft tops A1C3C6BC-2949-4829-92B9-BBC80866E1AF
No top, no doors.
Just the way it should be.

Have finally decided I needed some mirrors when doorless. CMM on order.

OP
OP

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@rallydefault : I think we just need to ignore @TEXGOAT.

Whether by design or coincidence his handle here (TEXGOAT) implies that he likes to "goat" or annoy people for that sake alone, and not as a byproduct of an open exchange of real ideas.

Look no further than his rants above about COVID being just an old person's illness (anyone more than if it was, we should still do our part to protect them) as he acts contradictory in his avoidance of crowds and people wearing masks.

Speaking of masks, he "masks" his selfishness and attitude under the umbrella of his right to an opinion and freedom. We're closed minded to his opinion because we come with apolitical scientific fact that contradicts it, all while he sources no facts and expresses no interests in seeing sources to facts when offered.

By way of a metaphor, he believes he is innocent because it's his right to spew nonsense in the same way that we're oppressing his right to freedom of speech by preventing him from yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater, where there is no fire.

How dare we counterbalance the rights of others to a safety, and not stampede to the fire exits when there's no need to evacuate, over his rights to express himself.

@TEXGOAT : you are not "innocent." You support a factless dialogue of how COVID behaves and its potential for destruction, somehow thinking its your right of expression to not wear a mask in public and do your part.

Maybe you can follow this analogy: you're being "forced" (or urged) to wear a mask, while yes, a limit to your freedom (although miniscule) in the same way that you're being forced to not shout fire in a crowded movie theater where there is none. The loss of your freedom is exponentially counterbalance by the increased rights of others, no less entitled than you, to safety.

While you haven't said you don't mask up, one can only assume from above that if you did, you'd be forced to, if I may use your words, "keep [your] distance from [yourself.]"

Now please, don't engage in meaningful dialogue. Rather, rant about conspiracies and offer factually wrong opinions. Find a meme that can express your feelings when facts can't. Label those who are concerned that your meritless rants may wrongly influence others as "closeminded freedom stealing" people.

Or come with your opinions and source them from reputable places.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
The truth often lies somewhere in the middle.

I spend most of my day in close contact with patients, wearing a mask and gloves.

Afterwards, I hop in my Jeep with no top and no doors whenever the weather is good.

Let’s be smart and protect each other when necessary.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The truth often lies somewhere in the middle.

I spend most of my day in close contact with patients, wearing a mask and gloves.

Afterwards, I hop in my Jeep with no top and no doors whenever the weather is good.

Let’s be smart and protect each other when necessary.
In the sense that "what we know" at one point in time is sometimes subject to change, as time (to study) yields greater understanding, I agree with your reference to the adage that truth (my words and take) best be served with moderation. An example might be how we thought at first that COVID-19 came to our borders mostly from Asia, when upon further review scientists are finding its transmission to the States may best be assigned as its source, to Europe.

I get the sense though, maybe I'm wrong, that what follows in your writing above is your example of such moderation, and if so, it just isn't. Everything you do, including with your Jeep after work, is totally CDC compliant.

My point is to not split hairs, but to say that while I get people's economic frustrations with the shut down, that I just don't think government has imposed restrictions here on the individual, that isn't counterbalance by a greater benefit to the many, that bucking some of these social distancing rules is necessary, difficult, or an example of reasonable moderation of an overly imposing and unjustified restriction on us from government. And I'm the first to challenge overly burdensome law.

In my parent's generation government hugely limited their freedoms, fighting the "war to end all wars," to which they responded in large part with, "how can I help," rather than with opposition, so that we (not specifically directed at you @amnesiac ) can sit hear talking about how far less sacrifice on our parts today, at least for some, might be too much.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...In my parent's generation government hugely limited their freedoms, fighting the "war to end all wars," to which they responded in large part with, "how can I help," rather than with opposition...
Yup. It’s the narcissistic tendencies that some people have independent of their age; not willing to consider that world is bigger, greater and more than themselves. And I am not pointing fingers at anyone specifically on this forum but rather making a comment in general. When those people turn the cheek and look the other way, delight in metaphorically smacking that exposed cheek. :giggle:
Facial and buttocks. Meh heh heh, this is the fourth time that I’ve said buttocks on this forum. :giggle: Be well and stay light hearted.
Sponsored