Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned
I've got Dual tops and a Bestop Sunrider. Right now, and for the past winter, I put the Freedom Panels in storage and used the Bestop Sunrider for the front seats, and the hard top behind. It worked great.

So, in light of already having the Sunrider product I'm contemplating not changing to the full soft top this summer. My rationale is that I take the rig out so infrequently during the pandemic anyway that why am I bothering switching tops.

Is anyone in the same boat? Am I just being a "gloomy gus" or is failing to change the top on a vehicle that barely gets off the driveway and trickle charger, and out on the road right now because of COVID just something that makes sense?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
Eh, I personally won't let some "pandemic" dictate my happiness. I would swap and enjoy those beautiful sunny days and wind in my hair....but that's just me ;)

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
Change it out! You can't catch Covid driving with the top down or having fun on the trails.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
My experience has been that those who have poor hygiene practices above everything else get CoviD19 and any other flavor of the month sickness.

Not surprisingly these people also have underlying existing health conditions.

Seriously though, put whatever top you want on it and enjoy your freedom and fresh air.

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Don't tell me your one of those guys that drive by themselves and wearing a mask?? Just wash your hands and stay away from symptomatic people.
I am starting to read a lot that it’s the asymptomatic folks that may turnout to be the “primary” spreaders of COVID. For several days or even a week, apparently, asymtomatic folks are shedding more virus in respitory droplets than they do when symptoms actually manifest. This may be why the virus spreads so easily. It seems odd to me but it is supposedly true. If it turns out to be true, it’s essentially impossible to “stay away” as neither they nor you would suspect that they have it.

Anyway, OP, you should do whatever makes you happy. Ignore the pandemic per se. Will you drive that Jeep to the store on a warm, sunny, Tuesday morning twice a month? And, would you think “gee, it would be great to have the top down”.? Will you take it for a Sunday morning drive because you sim0ly want to go for a drive? And, will you want the top down?

also, consider this..... what else do you have to do right now BUT to swap the top?

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
If you're not going out and about as much as you normally do because of the pandemic I'd say that's an even better reason TO put your soft top on.. go out on random drives with the sun and the wind and enjoy it. I'd rather do that than go to a store or a mall any day!

Sponsored

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Don't be another one to fall for the Covid hoax, unless you are 80 you should be just fine.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I only have the soft top and ride with it down most of the time. I see plenty of other Wranglers, convertibles and motorcycles on the road. People with their windows down and police on motorcycles too. I practice social distancing but if I'm exposed while driving then I'm probably exposed in my yard when someone drives by in a car too.
Sponsored